ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emission Light and LHM and another light

gdw

RS Clio 172
Basically little problem, hoping someone may be able to shed some light.

Friday I went to get in the car and turned the ignition one click, had the funny heart rate looking icon lit up with no other lights, I started the car and set off and then the emission light came on and I realised the car would now not go over 3-3.5K, anyway I had to travel to pick my son up a few miles so came home and plugged in a basic ELM scanner and got the TPS/PPS error code.

I left the car overnight whilst I started research on here, the next morning I went to the car and the light in the middle was no longer lit and therefore it would rev back over 3.5K and therefore no longer in limp mode but the emission light is still on. I've just been back to the car and had it on tick over looked under the car and seen drips of water coming from the catalyst joint.

So how is the emission light related to the TPS/PPS?

Where will the water be coming from thats dripping out the middle of the exhaust system?

The vehicle appears to be ticking over correctly and pulls like it normally does. Hopefully someone could help, I initially assumed my problem was going to be Pedal or Throttle body related but could it just be a fitting kit needed for the exhaust and if so why would that throw up the TPS/PPS error.

Thanks for reading

182 FF, A6 Avant
I had exactly this. Heatbeat light with occasional emissions light coming on. I changed the throttle body for a used one from here and it has been fine since.

gdw

RS Clio 172
But I no longer have the heart beat light, just the emission light... thanks for your input though 5678.

gdw

RS Clio 172
Battery failed a test earlier, so gonna buy a new Bosch S4/S5

For reference to anyone interested, changing the battery sorted the trip computer out and also stopped the petrol gauge dropping back to zero once started.