ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ely area

Listerine & Poledo
So, who's actually around the CB6 area then?

Newmarket, March, Downham Market etc. (oh, and Cambridge of course).

See plenty of Clios but few wearing CS colours.

Also, there was a nice looking 1*2 coming through Cottenham the other day. Lots of minor cosmetic changes, maybe some lowzzzzz, but no extra noise from chavcan exhausts. Pleasant.

ph1 172
I am between Newmarket and Haverhill in a small place called Thurlow, about 30mins from Ely. I'm CB9 area

SQ5
Didn't realise you were so close.

I'm just outside Bury St Edmunds but always around that way

Listerine & Poledo
Well, blimey, theres a few of us outside Cambridge then

I'm in Mepal, between Ely & Chatteris.

Does the region meet up much?

Titanium 182
i see planes all day lol im about 3/4 of a mile away from the base and the jets are loud ... but cool!

Listerine & Poledo
is it still lifters and tankers at Mildenhall, fighters at Lakenheath?

I appreciate that the novelty wears off though :)

Titanium 182
erm tbh i dont know . i think thats how it is ...

yeah sometimes annoying when you are on the phone and you cant hear anything lol

Listerine & Poledo
Thinking about it, would anyone fancy a meet around at the USAF bases, there must be some places around Mildenhall or Lakenheath where decent pictures can be taken with military equipment in view?

Unless anyone can get us on base, which would be beyond hero

Listerine & Poledo
:)

I guess I'm going to have to spend a day recce'ing the bases then...

...without attracting attention from the MPs that is!

Titanium 182
lakenheath is fenced off the whole way around now cant even see inside .. if you need a hand looking let me know !

Listerine & Poledo
nice one! May just do that.

There used to be viewing points around both bases, but that was a long time ago that I last passed them

SQ5
Lakenheath viewing area is open to anyone.

We have non Cliosport meets happening most Saturdays usually in Bury or Thetford.

Cliosport meets happen once a month usually but during show season they've been a bit slack.

clio 172 cup
I'd be up for some local meets i do run another club for mates n we have meets every other thursday night in ely n some sunday evenings your all more than welcome to come to them n combine them! would be nice to have some more clios there as im starting to get out numbered by jap cars lol

Listerine & Poledo
Bury & Thetford you say?

If the viewing area is open, and the views are good, Lakenheath may be a good shout.

Need to get meets in before the weather worsens though.

Listerine & Poledo
I'd be up for some local meets i do run another club for mates n we have meets every other thursday night in ely n some sunday evenings your all more than welcome to come to them n combine them! would be nice to have some more clios there as im starting to get out numbered by jap cars lol

'ello 'ello 'ello.
So, where do you all go to then?

And I can't help with your problem, I run a Listerine MX5