ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elephant Assh*les

Banana
Got my renewal through, and it didnt include the extra three points I picked up last year. I phoned and told them at the time I got them and it didnt make any adjustment to my premium. Now, all of a sudden, it is costing me an extra 157 quid? :mad:
I also declared my FK coilies and they have to speak with the underwriters to decide whether they will even insure me !! Feckin hell, it's a clio with springs, not an enzo with a rocket attached lol.
36 years old with 8 years ncb, and I feel like a max power chav with a provisional licence.

Anyone recommend a good insurer?

Golf R32
When I had my Golf GTI elephant wanted £650 to renew my policy so I done it through Greenlight and declared all the mods which had actually taken the power from the standard 150 to 218bhp and fully covered the quote was £710.00

RS Clio 200
lol i wondered what you were complaining about until i read your age and NCB.... thats just rediculous

LY V6 with Recaros
Elephant charged me £80 for the cup packs, just because they didn't have a clue what they were!

Banana
Greenlight will cover you on the mods no problems

^^^^^

They will, but Neil won't do Cups...and it looks like thats what you've got on the Avatar (Rufstuf)!

Correctamundo !! I just got this email from Greenlight:

We no longer quote Renault Clio 172 Cup models due to our bad claims experience over the past 2 years (Numerous Single vehicle and loss of control accidents)

We can still quote all other renaultsport models as our cliam figures on those are excellent.

Sorry we are unable to help.

Greenlight Insurance
http://www.greenlightinsurance.com

Ah well, any other recommendations peeps?

Banana
Update- Elephant have just phoned to let me know insurance has been refused because my car has EXTREME modifications (FK coilovers!!!) What a feckin joke these people are.

Octavia VRS
Never really had a problem with Elephant and I've been with them 2 years but seems bit of a joke matey

Banana
Yeah Kenny theyre fine as long as youre standard with no points. As soon as you tell them youve hung a magic tree on your mirror they start getting snippy!

VW ....
Yeah Kenny theyre fine as long as youre standard with no points. As soon as you tell them youve hung a magic tree on your mirror they start getting snippy!

f**k me .... i had better take my fluffy dice out :eek:

hope u get it sorted m8 ,can't recomend anyone else as i'm with Elephant too

Octavia VRS
They seemed alright about my Eibachs and told them about the alloys, went up £22 quid. Only issue I had with them was after my accident when the person who crashed into my car was uncontactable. Many phone calls later I got my excess and no claims back.

Any joy finding another insurance company?

Banana
^Tried about 30 companies so far, Admiral and Endsliegh are the only two willing to insure my mods, and they aint cheap :(

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
^^^^^

They will, but Neil won't do Cups...and it looks like thats what you've got on the Avatar (Rufstuf)!

We no longer quote Renault Clio 172 Cup models due to our bad claims experience over the past 2 years (Numerous Single vehicle and loss of control accidents)

We can still quote all other renaultsport models as our cliam figures on those are excellent.

Greenlight Insurance

lol how useless is telling u they can insure other models?!!!
im with elephant cos they were the cheapest by at least half price! but they wacked like an extra £150 on the price for paying monthly :(

you've only got springs on..

and nobody will insure you at 38

i hope you told them they are all a bunch nf nob jockeys

Octavia VRS

Greenlight Insurance

lol how useless is telling u they can insure other models?!!!
im with elephant cos they were the cheapest by at least half price! but they wacked like an extra £150 on the price for paying monthly :(

aye they hit you hard with the monthly payments. Also the 10 month policies are a cheeky way to get more cash out of you.

That statement makes me think against getting a Cup

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
shight Mark, try the insurance brokers on Crow Rd opposite Arnold Shark VW - you 36?! fook me lol

i'll be dingying elephant this year, too right they hammer you for monthly payments - c**k monkeys.

Banana
Will do Rory, thanks for the tip coz the internet is coming up with bugger all.
Have'nt been to a broker for years, but they do a lot of searching for you, so it cant hurt.

Gal

A Clee O
^Tried about 30 companies so far, Admiral and Endsliegh are the only two willing to insure my mods, and they aint cheap :(

Thats a joke as admiral and elephant are the same company. So if Admiral will insure then elephant should as well.:rolleyes: