ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical warning light + Stop light

Breaking A 172 Replica
I have recently had a problem with the fuses on my 1.2 16v 03 plate (as some of you may know) and I was unable to get the immoboliser light out.

I eventually worked out which fuse was playing up and saw it had melted and deformed. I replaced the fuse and the car starts pretty much first time.

However the electrical warning light stays on (along with the emmission light but thats often on when I have had a flat battery or have repeatedly tried to start it). The electrical light goes out if I swith ignition off and then on whilst driving and I get full power (i.e. seems to come out of limp mode) but only for 5-10 seconds. Every now and then whislt trying this the light that looks like the emmissions light but with STOP in the middle flashes until I restart the engine.

Ideas before I take it to the stealers?

Thanks

Sam

P.S. I have two clios exactly the same, both 1.2 16v, so I can swap parts over to try and find the problem...

Breaking A 172 Replica
Also when I do the testing thing (hold down stalk button and start ignition) the faults read t--h or h--t I forget now.

Sam

On test runs yes...:S

Not in town on quiet roads near me.

Advice Edde?

Err check the lambeda sensor but realy get a computer connected up and see what faults are being thrown up the lambedas could be damaged by the restarting whislt moving as such.

Da

Less
h means an oil level sensor fault has been detected.
t mean an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds.

I would get it on the diag Sam.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Booked in on the Clip machine for Monday at Renault.

29.95 inc VAT which I didn't think was too bad.

I just pray they can pick up on what it is straight away. I think it is something electrical as it seems a bit of a coincidence that before the fuses went wrong the car ran fine (still came up with T and H though) yet straight after the fuse problem the car is like this.

Thanks for looking them up btw Daz

I just pray they can pick up on what it is straight away. I think it is something electrical as it seems a bit of a coincidence that before the fuses went wrong the car ran fine (still came up with T and H though) yet straight after the fuse problem the car is like this.

Clio Mk2 fault finding dashboard trick
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=109201

CB600FS

Thats cheap mate, ask for all the fault prinouts afterwards aswell and type them out mate. Also when they ring you to tell you what it is ask as many questions about the cure/fix as possible they'll more than likely give you a quote and name the part over the phone.