ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault, Car missfires at 4000 and upwards in everygear.. Any Help!

Renault clio 1.2 16v
Ive made a post of this before, and people have said its a few differernt things but anyways,

Its an electrical fault what goes fine up to 4000 rpm but then misfires after in every gear.

it only does it sometimes like ranodmally when the engine is turned on such as it was doing it to work this morning when i turned it on and tried it, but last night it wernt doing it, like it only does it sometimes when the engine is turned on so its not recurring.

What ive done to have a look....

ive taken out my spark plugs, cleaned and tested them and the 4th one was weak the first time when we started the engine, like it wernt working, then we turned the engine off and on again and they were sparking like crazy, they were fine so it was none of the spark plugs, and it was weird how it was weak maybe something to do with the 400 rpm thing...

i then checked the distributor cap and that was fine with no little hairline cracks or nothing.

im personally thinking it could be the power sending to the distributor cap if that has one or something or it could be something else, any help!!

i really need this sorting thanksss !! :DD:D

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
hmmmm my obvious suggestion would be try new coil pack and leads..... or borrow someone elses that are fine as a test so ya dont waste money :)

Depending on what year your car is you will either have a distributor or if it's a newer model it will have a coil pack.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I don't believe i've ever seen a D4F with a distributor based ignition setup... what is the cars details; year, engine size, etc?

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
100% DIS Ignition and no chance distributor then as above... where's the car based? I'm betting on a wiring issue in the short loom myself

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Right, I would recomend that you take the car somewhere to get it looked at properly. I mean somewhere that is going to do more than "Code Read" as this will end up being something very silly causing the problem but it'll be a complete t**t to find! I've seen coilpacks do this kind of thing but also pedal potentiometers can having similar effects... not mega bucks but you have scope to throw away around £120 with guesses and it might not actually fix the problem.

I'm in Nottingham so not a million miles away from you and have a knack at fixing these kinds of problems for people: http://www.diamondmotors.net/diamond-motors-welcome/diagnostics

Mick