ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric Windows

Mazda MX5 & Clio 182
Ok, I have a problem with my electric windows and i need some help and advise.

Drivers window - operates with the ignition off and when driving - however put the lights on it stops working
Passenger window - operates with the lights on only and no ignition. this does not work with ignition on or driving.

Clearly i have an electrical fault somewhere but no clue where to start, relays? Window switches., wiring issues or everything - any help would be appreciated as its starting to bug me.

anyone else had this or am i the only one?

renault clio 1.4 16v
i remember reading about some similar problems, was a UCH fault as far as I remember, UCH is a relay board under the passenger side of the car... but being French, if your spare tyre dosnt have enough pressure in it, it could cause this.

in all seriousness, I would think its a fault on the uch as that's the only thing that would cause a control issue with the ignition in different positions, but don't rule out a damaged wiring harness, or a bad connection somewhere

172 Ph1
I'd be swapping the switches out of another car first .
Could poss be a short in the switch , when the lights are on its powering the power circuit within the switch and
switches are cheaper than a UCH. Lol