ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric Window Mechanism

Non Sport Megane
My passenger side window mechanism is fubar! the wire's snapped! are these a generic part? so as i have a PH1 172, can i buy a PH2 172/182 window mechanism, with no problems? or do i have to get one specific to my car? sorry if this sounds like a noooooooby question! but i dont want to buy a part, and then find out it doesnt actually fit!

renault clio cup 172
My passenger side window mechanism is fubar! the wire's snapped! are these a generic part? so as i have a PH1 172, can i buy a PH2 172/182 window mechanism, with no problems? or do i have to get one specific to my car? sorry if this sounds like a noooooooby question! but i dont want to buy a part, and then find out it doesnt actually fit!

my drives side arm snapped and the window fell right down lol(luckily never smashed), so a went to my locl scrappies and took the mechanism out of a normal clio ph2 shape no sure if it was a 1.2 or what just a standard 02 plate and it fitted perfect and works great, hope this helps:)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Pretty sure all mk2 windows mech's are the same, not 1000% though. If I were you I'd pick one up out of a similar car, make sure it's the whole mech though, fitting new wires is the biggest ballache on earth.

Non Sport Megane
someone just up the road from me in breaking a 172 CUP, as at the end of the month i am going to pick the spoiler up! :rasp: i thought i may aswell kill 2 birds with one stone and get a passenger side window mech aswell whilst im at it!