ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric window mechanism removal - quickie

Scirocco GT 210
My passanger side electric window has buggered up. I've removed the door cards and am currently trying to remove the mechanism. I've unbolted the motor but it has two black wires coming off it - one goes to the base of the door, the other goes to a slider attached to the window.

How do I remove these (both)? They seem stuck pretty tight and I don't want to break anything. I assume these need disconnecting before I can remove the mechanism?

Thanks.

Scirocco GT 210
Ok, scrap that ^^^^

New question. The upper black wire which runs to a plastic thingymajig which is attached to the window itself... how do you remove this? I can rotate it slightly but it won't come off! This is the part (I think) which is broken.

Help!

Scirocco GT 210
^^^ Thought as much. Sod paying £70 for a complete unit because one little piece of plastic has snapped, i'm attempting a DIY jobby :S If that fails then I'll have to buy a new one :dapprove:

So you definately can't buy a seperate runner without having to buy the entire mechanism?

What's happened is that the piece of plastic at the top of the metal runner has broken and fallen off, everything else is fine.

Scirocco GT 210
Wheeey!! DIY jobbie works. Saved myself some £££ there :D

Bet it breaks again tomorrow now though :S