ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electric window broken (drivers side)

clio sport 1.2 16v
my window is broke and wont go up or down. iv manged to wedge it up. i have taken a picture of the motor and the cable . it looks like the cable is gettin tangled up in the motor. can anyone give me any ideas please?

IMG_0883.jpg

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
New regulator time, or you could get a second hand one, a few clios being broken for spares in "parts for sale"

E46 M3
My GF's did this, you can get a repair kit from ebay that has the cable and associated parts. Its takes a bit of working out how it all goes together but if your mechanically minded its not that hard.

Was about £20 I think.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
ring a local scrap dealer m8, there are so many clios about im sure you will find one! Just be prepared to be able to take it out yourself! Down here they make me graft for my part! lol

If you get the full regulator it will come motor and wire and guide rail all in one. Its just a case of ttaking out the old regulator and putting in the new one.

Happened to me, my mechanic sourced me one from a scrappy for £20 (the full reg)

Nick

Clio Sport 182
If you get the full regulator it will come motor and wire and guide rail all in one. Its just a case of ttaking out the old regulator and putting in the new one.

Also happened to mine, is quite common. If you do get one from a scrappy tho, just make sure you take it off the same model! As the regulator from a mk2 phase one will not fit on a phase 2 and vice versa, as i found out to my fustration. Despite the doors being the same on the two models, renault have deviously changed the size of the wire loop by a few inches and so it wont fit.

Hope you get it sorted.

Clio Sport 182
Also I got mine from a ph2 and they fitted fine :)

honestly? i laid both the knackered one and the one i got from the scrappy ontop of each other and it was about 3inches smaller, fitted inside the other one. was well annoyed lol. also had a different connector, maybe renault changed it at some point i dunno. And no before you say it, i didn't get it off a five door haha

Seriously came from a ph2 non sport. They fitted fine! My car had no motors or regulators when I got it, so I couldn't compare :(

*it had wood holding up the windows lol