ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electric to manual window conversion

172cup
I know that may sound idiotic at first.......
If I wanted to rid my 172 cup of the electric windows, would a mk2 ph1 door card with manual winder fit in a 172 door?
has anyone tried to do that?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yep, it'll fit. There are ph2's with manual windows though.

Personally, I'd just drill the one required hole, with a hole saw, in the mk2 doorcard, and then get myself some plastic/filler and re-model the electric window door pull slightly.

You realise they're not very heavy at all though right?

172cup
Never seen a ph2 with manual windows, really? even my 1.4 dymanique had electric winds
Id have thought they were much heavier than a manual equipped door, im wrong, anit I?

172cup
I see, I was thinking to get manual wing mirrors as well and replace the mirror cover, even more useless then lol
listen if for some weird reasons I do go about it, are the glass windows exactly the same between the two systems?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I see, I was thinking to get manual wing mirrors as well and replace the mirror cover, even more useless then lol
listen if for some weird reasons I do go about it, are the glass windows exactly the same between the two systems?

IIRC the glass for the windows is the same.

I want to change my wing mirrors to manual ones mind.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Glass weighs a lot, polycarbs don't. (I've just ordered some. :D)

I can't see the point in converting from electric to manual though. Utterly pointless.