ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Sportlines or Cooksports ???

Racing Blue 182 Cup
I am going to change my suspension next week with standard dampers and new springs. I have owned a new cup back in 05 and loved the standard set up but always wanted a slight drop and taughter set up, but dont want anything too harsh. I know Eibachs are good and offer a subtle drop and have read reviews on cooksports which all seem positive. They seem to offer abetter visual drop which is neither here or there for me. I just wanted any feedback from anyone who has experieneced either, or both so I can make the decision. Spoke to someone who said cooksports are not a progressive spring?

Cheers

225 Cup & Williams
I had the Sportlines on my 172 and loved them. Nice subtle drop in height and a really nice ride. When pushing on down a B road they reduced body roll a good bit over standard.

Mental 172 Cup
I've had all 3 (Cooksport, Apex and Sportlines) and even coilovers.. Cooksports are by far the best.. Cheap, good lows, good ride comfort and awesome handling on and off track.. I'm sure Josh will have a more technical explanation for them being progressive..

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Cheers guys. I will be after ordering some tomorrow. Is there still a group buy? What would cost be with P & P?

I was thinking of the cooksports but wanted to be sure from feedback on here. Mind made up. Cheers

Cooksport Fleet
Cheers guys. I will be after ordering some tomorrow. Is there still a group buy? What would cost be with P & P?

I was thinking of the cooksports but wanted to be sure from feedback on here. Mind made up. Cheers

£110 posted mate

Josh

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Ill call you in the morning Josh if thats ok. Just got to find new cup dampers at good price now, Cheers

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Ok no problem. I wont call you on your holidays. I will ring on 3rd. I can source all other parts in the meantime. Cheers

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Ill call you in the morning Josh if thats ok. Just got to find new cup dampers at good price now, Cheers

Try Adam for the Cup Dampers, he is up the road from you in Willenhall...01902 439264...Just give them a bit of time during the Xmas break. :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ive got eibach pros and the ride is good mind u the drop aint great on the pros i'd say the cooksports are the best value and there really highly rated

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I really rate my sportlines, combined with fresh dampers the handling is superb, combined with konis it's even better. Never used cooksports yet but some of the opinions in here make them sound like their next trick is to feed the starving and water the thirsty.

Anyone local to you got some you could go for a ride with. I know I'd be happy to take someone a quick spin in mine for similar reasons. I'd also really quite like a shot of cooksports so I can compare and contrast but I won't be buying some just for that, will just bide my time and see what happens.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I heard from alot of people on here that they give the same drop as the eibach sportlines??

I tried sportlines on my old phase 1 as i wanted a nice drop with a good ride quality. Shortly after i bought coilovers lol, they didnt seem to drop the car atall.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Sportlines are the BEST springs I have ever had on any of my cars by a mile !! and have tried a lot of different sorts cant comment on cooksports as not tried them but the only way I can see them being better is price , Would by sportlines again without hesitation on my next car .

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I will report back once I have fitted everything (shocks, top mounts & springs). Cheers

Mental 172 Cup
I heard from alot of people on here that they give the same drop as the eibach sportlines??

Thats the trouble with hearsay, a load of it is bull.. If you look on some threads you'll be able to see.. Also my mate went from Eibachs to Cooksports and instantly it was already much lower before they had even settled..