ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach sportlines harsh as hell

Clio cup 172
After 6 years I'm back. Bought myself a Clio 172 in iceberg silver. Lovely little car. It has been lowered in eibach sportlines and it feels harsh as hell, there is absolutely no give in the suspension front or rear. I feel every bump on the road. It's extremely uncomfortable. Could it be the shocks?It has oe black springs up front and koni on the back. Car has 85k miles.

Need some advice. Can't drive round on a day to day basis with suspension as is

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I have the Eibach Pro lines and they were awful up until today. Literally just fitted new genuine Cup shocks all round and suddenly the ride is so much better, far less crashy.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
it can't have sportlines AND oe springs on the front and koni on the rear, sportlines are springs

Clio cup 172
sorry meant to say it's got oe shocks on front, koni on rear and sportlines all round. The ride is shocking. Suspension is really tight, no knocking whatsoever but there is just no give in suspension at all

Clio cup 172
Think standard springs are far too high. Like the lowered look but would like more comfort to be honest. What's the best compromise? Would new shocks up front help. I'm sure the oe shocks are original

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I just bought some of these to replace Cooksport which snapped on me after about 10k. Hopefully these feel similar too cooksports had read the Sportlines are a little softer which swayed me over to them.

182 ff
it can't have sportlines AND oe springs on the front and koni on the rear, sportlines are springs
After 6 years I'm back. Bought myself a Clio 172 in iceberg silver. Lovely little car. It has been lowered in eibach sportlines and it feels harsh as hell, there is absolutely no give in the suspension front or rear. I feel every bump on the road. It's extremely uncomfortable. Could it be the shocks?It has oe black springs up front and koni on the back. Car has 85k miles.

Need some advice. Can't drive round on a day to day basis with suspension as is
i have sportlines,they are ok, i had all new dampers and top mounts fitting at the same time. depends if they road is really rough..one bad road i go down and the whole car shakes..on normal roads they are fine.. sportlines are meant to get firmer the faster you go..

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Having drove on k tec coilovers then moving on to cup shocks and cooksports I can confirm that both the suspensions feel crashy compared to the likes of lowered lexus 's or bmw's etc.. I personally like the firm suspension by my missus hates it with a passion lol. Hard to win with sporty cars. I'd say standard is the only way to go for any sort of comfort but it'll still be firm. I think age has a lot to do with it. When I was 20 the harder and lower the suspension the better. Now I'm near 30 I think I need abit of comfort and ground clearance lol

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
My car is on Eibach Pro's and the ride does my head in most of the time, think I'm definitely getting old...

mk1 Octavia VRS
Could be the shocks. I'm running cup shocks and Pro-kit springs. Ride height is a little lower than standard and doesn't give any major clearance problems. The ride is noticeably firmer than standard but I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable on normal roads.

Could be the shocks. I'm running cup shocks and Pro-kit springs. Ride height is a little lower than standard and doesn't give any major clearance problems. The ride is noticeably firmer than standard but I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable on normal roads.

My setup exactly. Had clearance issues on Apex. My pro kit, no issues at all.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yes I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was the shocks. Mine has started knocking quite badly and the ride is utterly awful, but the rear shocks have started leaking, so I suspect that's the cause.

But, even so, I still don't think the ride is all that good on Pro Lines. If they hadn't been there when I bought it, I probably wouldn't have fitted them. There's a reason why manufacturers spend so much on tuning ride and handling for road cars. Aftermarket parts rarely improve on-road performance in my view.