ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach camber bolts, E5.81260K wrong part??

Clio 182 FF
I've bought two sets of these now and both have been too small. Can anyone who has installed them on their car please shed some light on the matter. The car is a 172 cup and the camber bolts i've been given and too small and just spins round in the hole.

Link to where i purchased them from:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360557963117?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Pic of the shock absorber bolt against the camber bolt:
20130205_174915_zps6a36efcd.jpg

RB 182
I thought the same when I compared them. They are correct and do tighten up firmly so don't worry. The cam needs to rotate to get the +/- camber so the thread needs to be smaller to allow it to do so.

Clio 182 FF
The 'cam' lets call it, is smaller than the thread if you get me so the with the bolt all the way in it just spins?

Cup In bits
That's how there meant to be, couldn't change the camber any other way. The 'cam' at its biggest point is the same size as the 'shank' on the standard bolt.

Stupid question, you are using two spanners to tighten?

Clio 182 FF
That can't be right surely? I was under the impression that the bolt would go tight as you turn it so that it pushes the shock away from the hub which gives you your camber.

I have'nt even got as far as tightening up the bolts...

182cup & 172 racecar
They do look loose, I thought that.

See if this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
  RB 182
I was the same the other day, had to call Fred to make sure. Once you have set the camber and tighten up all bolts it WILL be fine, trust me!

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have look at mine tomorrow with part numbers if you like, got two sets of them at Mam and Dads farm.

Know one set I had when you turned it in position you'd see the hub moving in and out with the cam part of bolt.

Clio 182 FF
OTE=Meek_racing;9325591]I was the same the other day, had to call Fred to make sure. Once you have set the camber and tighten up all bolts it WILL be fine, trust me![/QUOTE]

I cant set the camber with them being so loose though??

Thanks Keith, let me know

The strut bolts act as a clamping force on the strut and will stop the camber from being adjusted. Slacken off the bottom bolt and then put the camber bolt in, push the hub away from you which using a spanner on the camber bolt (not the nut, 18mm rings a bell) and then you will see the hub move in and out :)

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Both of the sets I've had and used are part number 5.81260K.

As Ash mentioned lower bolt needs to be slackened off so that it will swivel in and out for camber adjustment. Just enough so it will move when the lobe of the camber bolt presses against hub

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Can someone just confirm my thinking of this please? My car is running too much negative camber and the two sides are different (right is -2.22 and left is -1.45), so going by the instructions I should point the tab out towards the wheel to put more positive camber on? The nominal value is -0.45 according to print out sheet.

Also what side does the washer with tab go on the strut? Should it be on the front side of the strut, or the rear side of the strut?

The print out from yesterday where I had the toe corrected.
Alignment.jpg

Lionel Richie
as i said, bin the washers, they're useless, you'll notice the triangle on the head of the camber bolt points to the peak of the cam lobe, use a 15mm spanner and use it as your guide so that the triangle on the head of the bolt points in the same direction on BOTH sides of the car WITH the 15mm spanner touching the top of the disc, then both sides WILL be the same - simple!