ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EGP or Jeffs

titanic killer
which one is best i been using egp for a while and been really happy with it but ive just bought some jeffs as im having my car pc'd at the week end and cant decide which to use and i no you can put 3 layers of jeffs to 1 egp but still cant decide and will be using p21's over the top?

106 GTi
EGP may have the edge in durability 1 layer vs 1 layer - but as you said you can easily apply 3 to 4 in the same time as it takes to do one. I seem to be using my EGP up on wheels alone, Jeffs AGT for the ease of use every time for me.

Did the winter prep on my daily drive with SRP, Jeffs AGT and Zymol Titanium, couple of hours work including washing and trim dressing and looked great on Silver.

titanic killer
Yeah like you say egp slightly for durability but after washing i could keep aplying more layers so i guess the durability isnt an issue
what about visual looks?reading about the 2 products i think the jeffs

106 GTi
Can't see anything in the two looks wise on Silver. EGP is not as clear looking as the Jeffs on my Black Gold.

After washing you can easily add more Jeffs coat takes 10 mins tops.

330ci sport
Deffo Jeffs Acrylic, EGP is good, but time consuming and more effort to apply/remove. I use the Jeffs twins over winter (Prime Acrylic & Acrylic Jett Trigger). I apply the Prime Acrylic around this time of year via pc, and then top up the AJT about every 2-3 weeks. Dead quick to apply/remove and great durability/glossy shine.

I've noticed the benefits of Jeffs over AG EGP on silver with a more noticable 'pop' from the metal flake. Yet to get the blue clio blue prepped for winter, but i'll post up the results as soon as I do!

Matt

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Thats like compartin NXT to Zymol Royale.

EGP is pisch!

Jeff's everyday for me.

RB 182
Sorry to crash this thread but where is the best place to get Jeffs and is it the product name or manufacturer?

If it takes 10min after every wash then that seems a better option to me too. Can you use EGP after the first detail and then top it up with Jeffs every wash? I already have EGP which I was using on my wheels.

330ci sport
I'd say forget the EGP and treat yourself to the Jeffs Kit Polished Bliss sell. It contains Jeffs Acrylic Prime, Acrylic Jett Trigger & Acrylic Glos (QD), 2 x Poorboys mega plush towels & a poorboys plush towel, also an Ultimate German applicator pad. Everything you need and a bargain, and even the added bonus that for October it's 10% off!!

RB 182
I'd say forget the EGP and treat yourself to the Jeffs Kit Polished Bliss sell. It contains Jeffs Acrylic Prime, Acrylic Jett Trigger & Acrylic Glos (QD), 2 x Poorboys mega plush towels & a poorboys plush towel, also an Ultimate German applicator pad. Everything you need and a bargain, and even the added bonus that for October it's 10% off!!

Not bad that! If I used the EGP and then SRP for one coat, could I then use the Jeffs as a regular top up? or just ignore the SRP all together? just curious :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Just a mention about the CG Wet Mirror Finish...I tried working this into my prep a few weeks ago. I used it over a base of SRP and EGP, but in hindsight you should use it before the EGP as it is very very mildy abrasive (a lot less than SRP for example) yet might reduce the life of the EGP (or whatever sealant your using).

Came up absolutely MINT though - well it did take me about 30 hours all in all :eek:

Plodwyn

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Will be using Klasse all in one and Klasse sealant for winter prep and topping off with Jeffs AGT in between washes. Good thing with Jeffs is that u can use it on all surfaces