ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU Repair,possible ????

Megane 275 Trophy
After having purchased new UCH have just found out the ECU needs a looking at aswell, has obvoiusly got wet and is corroded...
Does anybody know anybody that deals with these kind of repairs, is it possible to get it repaired,etc... ?? Heres a few pics of the state of it...

13yjfvq.jpg

icjk04.jpg

2n1xkbl.jpg

63uovt.jpg

15gp4i9.jpg

Thanks !!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I wander why they dont put the ECU in the car behind the dash somewhere rather than out in the elements :S

Megane 275 Trophy
I wander why they dont put the ECU in the car behind the dash somewhere rather than out in the elements :S
Dont think that would of helped in my case, thats where the UCH is and it was in the same condition.... :(

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
probs be cheaper to email some one breaking a 172 and get a ecu and key from them... then just put the chip from the new key into your original key

Megane 275 Trophy
probs be cheaper to email some one breaking a 172 and get a ecu and key from them... then just put the chip from the new key into your original key
But how can I put a used ECU with the new UCH thats been programmed to my ECU ??

lift number 1 @ btm
I think the ecu needs to be "virginised", I'm sure I've seen the mk1 f4r boys having to do it to to get around immobiliser problems?

Megane 275 Trophy
I think the ecu needs to be "virginised", I'm sure I've seen the mk1 f4r boys having to do it to to get around immobiliser problems?

im pretty sure you can . renault should be able to do it no probs
Ive got it at Renault garage here in Spain, they told me it has to be a new one... new one is €460 + VAT... The perfect situation would be repair this one and keep te remap... if thats not possible & i could get a used one fitted to the new UCH then that would save me afew €uros...even if I lose the remap..

Megane 275 Trophy
Has be taken to somebody for a good clean this weekend...we dont expect its gonna do much but its worth a try... :dapprove: