ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU/ Loom fault.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
Hi folks,

The OH has a 2001 1.2 16v Expression Clio which has the emissions light on constantly from a month after she bought it about 2 years ago. We have been to many garages with it and most parts have been replaced however recently we got a guy from the AA to look at it who diagnosed the problem as being with the ECU and wiring loom which we are not prepared to replace due to the cost.

Now the light is preventing her from passing an MOT as the garage is becomming fussy for some reason despite the car running as normal, this was also written in the report from the AA.

My question is how do I turn this light off for good as its really starting to do my head in.

Thanks

Ewan

clio 2000 1.4 Sport
Hi lokqust I also own 2001 1.2 16v Expression and my engine light comes on but misfires, strange that your ecu doesn't go in to idle mode like mine does. :(
Like the guys said you could disconnect it I think I would take it to a different Mot place Hope you get it sorted I never like this light on hope I get mine off too
Good Luck

Gareth