ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eBay seller attitude

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Should I be annoyed at this response to my best offer? Because I am.

qkQhcd2.png

I hardly think offering £1250 on a car advertised at £1750 is a silly offer. Thoughts?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Flamer
I wouldn't be too annoyed, that's ebay unfortunately.

I sold my golf on there and it is tiresome when people just ping you offers so you may have caught him at 1 to many offers and he had a bad day or something.

It is not an unreasonable offer.

:)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Listerine & Poledo
Thing is, shoe on other foot, CS people seem to value their own cars at 250% above the actual, real-world value.

But when buying things, everything is a rip off

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not insulting, I offered a guy £1750 less for a car and got it. He wasn't insulted, he maybe just realised it wasn't worth totally what he was asking and he wanted it sold.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I guess if that is the way he reacts then it is probably best that I am not buying a car from him. :)

Last edited:

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  cup'd arctic 182
Hahaha laugh and move on. An offer below asking price in an auction is hardly an insult! (If you've got a short fuse you could show him what your interpretation of an insult is).

CS people seem to value their TURINIs at 250% above the actual, real-world value.
Fixed that for you.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E46 M3, Clio 182
I'm not sure why he gave the option for people to make him an offer If he's going to reply like that... totally reasonable if you ask me. Don't ask, then you won't get!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio Cup
Cheeky Kids Get Sweets

Seems like the attitude of people in General

a Simple no thanks id like to hold out for more would have sufficed - an that's the kind of response id have given

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To knock £500 off a car that's not much money is pretty bad tbh. If it were £500 of off off £8000 etc then that's a different story.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ebay should put a comment section in the original offer box. That way you can explain the reasoning for your offer rather than come across as a chancer who just punt offers across.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Yes offer plus add comment ..

ie

im offering £1250 for your phase 1 because it needs loads of work & its been to the moon & back'
s

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think that is a bad offer if there is reasoning i.e belts need doing etc.

I dread it if i have to sell a car on ebay all of the wannabe car dealers and low ball offers. Yeah right i'll take £1000 less when i've advertised the car for £3,500.

'Cash offer will pik up today m8' - Hasn't even asked any questions about the car.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 & Lancia
The car doesn't look over priced considering its had quite a bit of work done. £1250 probably is a silly offer.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am surprised at the response - I have advertised a few cars on eBay and being offered less than I wanted for it has never offended me. I considered the car worth about £1500, tried my luck at £1250. I Guess I misjudged it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised at the response - I have advertised a few cars on eBay and being offered less than I wanted for it has never offended me. I considered the car worth about £1500, tried my luck at £1250. I Guess I misjudged it.
Granted people expect to be knocked down, but asking £500 off on it is a mickey take imo.

There are plenty of others out there, just find one that doesn't need the belts doing etc.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you walk in a shop, ask for a 30% discount and then be offended if they said no?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Its pretty simple - the best offer process is there to haggle to an agreeable price- the offer of 500 less was probably expected to be declined however a counter offer of 1500 may have been agreeable to both. Once a seller starts getting arsey they have lost a customer.
s

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio
For all we know you could have been the 308th person to offer him a s**t price that day. His cat might have died or he might have found his girlfriend in bed with is sister. Who knows?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all we know you could have been the 308th person to offer him a s**t price that day. His cat might have died or he might have found his girlfriend in bed with is sister. Who knows?

I think this may be the case for the OP. He seems sensitive.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't expect the tw*tish response from the seller, that's all. If that makes me "sensitive" then so be it.

"Don't insult me with a silly offer" is tw*tish? I'd argue calling someone tw*tish is more insulting.

At least we agree you're sensitive. Are you tired too?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Really constructive guys. Well done.

Now I remember why I stopped paying for membership here.

Because you can't cope with the forum when you're putting your tampon in?

...and this is the reason why I'll give serious consideration to not bothering come renewal time.

He invited opinions and thoughts and ends up being on the receiving end of very childish abuse.

FFS, grow up. It's no wonder this place is a complete mess full of f***ing retards these days when this is the sort of responses people get.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Because you can't cope with the forum when you're putting your tampon in?

LOL it's funny because you think I am acting like a woman!

Because woman are over emotional and stupid!

LOLZ

...and this is the reason why I'll give serious consideration to not bothering come renewal time.

He invited opinions and thoughts and ends up being on the receiving end of very childish abuse.

FFS, grow up. It's no wonder this place is a complete mess full of f***ing retards these days when this is the sort of responses people get.

I'm really not sure what I said that got peoples backs up.

Last edited: