ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easy to id the wrong cambelt kit?

Ph1
I bought a 172 bottom end from ebay a while back but no idea if its a ph1 or ph2.

With there being two different cambelt kits available, the difference being i believe just the idler on the BE, if you fit the wrong kit, will be be apparent straight away ?

Also why do the idlers differ from ph1 to ph2 if the F4R engines are all essentially the same ? :S

Lots of Alfas
It is possible the belt kits are all the same now, Renault have discontinued the 172mk1 kit. From memory its the idler at the lower rear that had a different internal diameter, this affected idler now includes the replacement fixing bolt and spacer (in decent aftermarket or newer Renault kits).

In theory if the kit includes the bolt it maybe a straight swap. Thats as long as my memory is correct and it is that idler affected...