ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easiest way to remove bottom Rad hose?

clio 182 FF
Hi guys,

I know its a stupid question but i always find bottom hoses fiddly and the access is poor in my 182! I have a clio 182 and i am looking to do a coolant change, i just want to know the best way to remove the bottom hose? it looks awkward from above to get it from below i have to remove the undertray?! any ideas as to which is easiest or any techniques/ tools to make it less fiddly?

Thanks

I just use some mole grips on the clip and pull the hose off, bit fiddly though. Also remove the fuel rail guard

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As above, mole grips are the easiest way but you can also use needle nose pliers but they're a bit ghey and fiddly.

clio 182 FF
Thanks guys, i would use mole grips anyway but i always found it fidly removing rad hoses.

I will attack it from above then!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
hose_clamp_pliers.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
I'm with Dan.

For £12 or so, those pliers save a massive amount of f**king about.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I normally just hit it from above with a pair of adjustable pliers, not really had any issues.