ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EA Airfield Meet.

The EA lot headed to one of usual spots for a meet today after grabbing a pub lunch. Good weather and very good fun, we set up a quarter mile and did some drag racing as the airfield was empty minus some mad men on motorbikes.

Few pics snapped from today,
IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

2-1.jpg

Tripods,
IMG_0283.jpg

1-1.jpg

Our slalom,
IMG_0278.jpg

Marking out the 1/4 mile,
IMG_0305.jpg

And then some bad news, Received a text from Rhys Beal saying he had hit a deer. Absolutely gutted to say the least :(
photo1-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

I know the pics are a bit random, thanks to DannyR for organising it!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Nice pics apart from the last two which are pretty shocking! Gutted for him tbh.

SQ5
f**k about! How big was the deer! That's gutting :( Sorry to hear Rhys.

Was a great meet though, weather was perfect. Definitely need to organise a massive meet there, I reckon one in September.

Great pictures too!

BMW 118d
Great pics and meet, ill get a few of mine up tomorrow, just uploading at the mo. Shame about Rhys, that's awful!

GSXR + KDX220
Nice pics guys, sorry I couldn't make it been working on the truck instead of the plan of driving it!

s**t. That's not good for Rhys, I gather he's ok? Looks like a moose rather than a deer :O

ph1 172
I am fine thank you chaps..

Deer was pretty big and is definitely brown bread..

Under closer inspection I think I can fix it lol By eye it needs, alternator, condenser, radiator, fuel rail, loom plugs, rad hoses, slam panel, grill, bumper, wing, bonnet, headlight, splitter and a couple of other bits and bobs

SQ5
Bloody hell Rhys, it does look easily fixable though. Most should be bolt on bits.

I've got some rad hoses I think :) no cost.

LY Megane R26
As I said earlier absolutey gutted for ya! I got some ph2 black lights you can have if ya not after Xenons straight away.

Meet looked good tho lads minus the bad news.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
The day looked like fun! real shame about Rhys' car though, I hope you get it sorted and back out on track soon!

BMW 535d
Gutted i missed this! Looks like it was a great day out. Sorry to hear about your misfortune Rhys! Hopefully it will be bolt on stuff and nothing too major.

ph1 172
I think one of those silver ph1's (possibly W533 YBD?) went past me yesterday, i was in my silver ph1 also, you were heading southbound on the A140 between the A1120 crossing & the A14 (before the dual section) at 5:40pm ish ??

Good pics btw, sounded like fun. Sorry to hear about the deer incident though, nightmare !

Last edited:
  Ph1 172.
Shame I couldn't make it, looks like a good turn out! I didn't go as I was up in Yorkshire until last night, but last night i too almost fell victim to a deer. Emergency stop from 60mph to avoid crashing into the thing. Stopped about 6ft short. The thing just stood here looking at me the entire time, like it has accepted it's fate.

I think one of those silver ph1's (possibly W533 YBD?) went past me yesterday, i was in my silver ph1 also, you were heading southbound on the A140 between the A1120 crossing & the A14 (before the dual section) at 5:40pm ish ??

Good pics btw, sounded like fun. Sorry to hear about the deer incident though, nightmare !

That would be steve, he lives in Needham market. More than likely was him!

Damn that's an impact and a half, hope you can get it back on the road cheaply enough!

I've seen some cars after they've hit deer and you seem to have been slightly lucky it didn't go over the bonnet!

C3 Picasso Beast
Take it that it wasn't a muntjac you hit then by the damage?!? At a guess I'd say a red deer, possibly female....

Also you lot could have at least moved the tyres when you'd finished ;)

C3 Picasso Beast
Yeah just down the road from it so noticed the slalom as I drove past today.

Did you take it home for butchering as you could have sold the venison to help cover the cost of repairs ;)

C3 Picasso Beast
Indeed you are and I'm so very glad I didn't attend as you may have ruined my reputation even more after the yob like shannanigans of the last meet....

ph1 172
Nope I left it for 2 reasons...Firstly I have no idea how to gut a deer, secondly it rag dolled down the road and as I moved it is was clear that it was not in a condition to put in the back of my car...

SQ5
Sure you'll need a jig?

The main chassis looks to of held up brilliantly. The headlight parts seem unaffected with only the bit behind the bumper being folded over?

ph1 172
Sure you'll need a jig?

The main chassis looks to of held up brilliantly. The headlight parts seem unaffected with only the bit behind the bumper being folded over?

The headlight surrounds are quite bent.. The passenger side is just on the verge of creasing at the bottom where it is joined to the main chassis so will still pull out but needs to go up and out to one side. It has pushed the ecu jamming into the pas reservoir and where the rad was hit so hard it has hit the gearbox and engine block smashing quite abit of the loom so will need alot more work yet unfortunately