ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E92 335i

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Here's a reminder why we buy the 335i :D love it :D

Excuse the legs....

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like it, love the black wheels on it (way better than the stock silver ones) shame about the warranty work though.

What did they do to finally do to it to solve the rattle?

The last time, I believe they changed the pressure of the vacuum on the waste gate, they said it was dropping too low and causing it to loosen.

It's booked back in again next week though (no rattle), for miss firing and going into limp mode when booting it (around 4k).

I've heard that can be caused by either:

Turbo
Sparkplugs
Injectors
Coils
HPFP

Basically everything I've already had replaced during the 10months of owning it.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
The last time, I believe they changed the pressure of the vacuum on the waste gate, they said it was dropping too low and causing it to loosen.

It's booked back in again next week though (no rattle), for miss firing and going into limp mode when booting it (around 4k).

I've heard that can be caused by either:

Turbo
Sparkplugs
Injectors
Coils
HPFP

Basically everything I've already had replaced during the 10months of owning it.

Bloody good job you have the warranty.
Are there any forums apart from E90post for the E9* shape?

Still no regrets buying it?
Im happy to risk things going wrong (obviously ill be buying with AUC warranty)
How many miles has yours done now?

Bloody good job you have the warranty.
Are there any forums apart from E90post for the E9* shape?

Still no regrets buying it?
Im happy to risk things going wrong (obviously ill be buying with AUC warranty)
How many miles has yours done now?

No regrets still, as when it's 100% it's a perfect car.

I only look at E90 and Bimmer forums.

Mines just hit 80k now.

The only reason I'd sell is for more doors (first child on the way), but would even get a 335 estate/saloon.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
No regrets still, as when it's 100% it's a perfect car.

I only look at E90 and Bimmer forums.

Mines just hit 80k now.

The only reason I'd sell is for more doors (first child on the way), but would even get a 335 estate/saloon.

Does the price of the warranty increase with the milage?
And also, its its under warranty up to 100k, will they cover it over 100k? Or does it just stop there?

Id thought about the child situation in the back, but IMO the coupe looks sooooo much better than the saloon.

Does the price of the warranty increase with the milage?
And also, its its under warranty up to 100k, will they cover it over 100k? Or does it just stop there?

Id thought about the child situation in the back, but IMO the coupe looks sooooo much better than the saloon.

I'm not sure if it does increase, I've not been told any different. The warranty can continue over 100k, but you can't take a new policy out after 100k (so if I want to sell it 'with warranty', I'm best to sell at 98k so they can open a new policy).

The coupe is better looking IMO.

Well, touch my wood, the car has been faultless for months now, which is the longest run I've had worry/error free.

Still, looks clean and hasn't bored me yet. Recent service, new battery and new brakes.

I'm looking at moving on this year to more doors, but no rush to.

13630227473_67a630a8c0_b.png

13630230573_5faa951f0c_b.png

13630560624_e9e8007583_b.png

Last edited:
  182 track, Mk7 ST
Gorgeous looking car!

Seriously considering one of these as a daily but not sure I can justify the cost versus the amount of issues they seem to have.

I drove a 335i saloon a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it, really really did. Had the full BMW performance kit on it too which made it even more tempting!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely. Glad to see you've sorted all the issues with it. Would love to own a car like that and you've definitely got the perfect colour combo.

Only gripe I have is that the tyres need a higher profile imo. But I'm completely picking fault for the sake of it here lol.

Z4
That looks so good man!
Such a shame I didn't get on with the one I drove, I may have to have another go just to confirm..maybe with jb4..

Only gripe I have is that the tyres need a higher profile imo. But I'm completely picking fault for the sake of it here lol.

I agree with you, I've thought about changing the tyres from 255/30/19 to 265/35/19 as they are currently slightly stretched. Also I want to get rid of the RFT as they are harsh and £305-£380 a corner.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
They are fantastic cars. I was down to 3 choices; 335i, 535d and the E46M3. I went for the E46M in the end (low miles, 2005, dat badge) but the 335i is brilliant. It's arguably "too mental" as in it is deceptively quick and just keeps going. You could easily lose your license or worse in one if you get a little silly. That's not to say the 535 or moreso the M3 doesn't have that ability too, but it deserves more respect and appreciation than the newer models. I'd definitely consider a 335 again in the future. Came so close to buying. Saying that, I think next for me is a 535d. But a way off yet as the M3 is stunning and makes me want to drive everywhere.

As an aside, that looks lovely above with the CSL style alloys. I think I'd have opted for silver, but black is a winner, too.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thanks lads.

I hope you're enjoying the M3 @Scutch, I'd have one if I wasn't scared of the servicing costs.

Yeah, that puts a lot of folk off, but next service is £170 oil service, then a £400 Inspection I (which means an Inspection II will be some time off, thankfully).

The money I've spent on mine in the month or so I've had it has been for cosmetic aside from brakes. I'll do a thread at the weekend but I've put well over £2k into it now including BCR coilovers, full CSL brake upgrade etc. etc. Looks sweet.

Yeah, that puts a lot of folk off, but next service is £170 oil service, then a £400 Inspection I (which means an Inspection II will be some time off, thankfully).

The money I've spent on mine in the month or so I've had it has been for cosmetic aside from brakes. I'll do a thread at the weekend but I've put well over £2k into it now including BCR coilovers, full CSL brake upgrade etc. etc. Looks sweet.

Sounds awesome!

I look forward to the thread. I've seen a few on Insta already.