ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E-600 Mini review

So the misses wanted a SLR and we picked up an E-600 from Currys for a baragin price of £319 delivered.

The E-600 is a slightly 'lighter' version of the E-620. Is loses a couple of the art filters, the back lit buttons and the baility too shoot in other aspect ratio's.

But at around £150-£200 than the E-62, its a bit of a bargain.

It still has the same sensor, vari-angle LCD, live view and in body IS.

Build quality is excellent, it makes my 500D feel like a bit of a plastic toy. The Hinge on the screen in nice and firm with no signs of play.

The menu system does look a bit updated and does take some getting used too, but they go in too some depth and you can change a lot of settings.

Its small and light, and fits great in the hand, which I didn't think it would considering the lack of a big grip.

The standard kit lens is the 14-42 (remember this is 2x so works out like a 18-55) and its also built very well. It has a plastic mount, but overall wuality is excellent. And its also small.

We also got the 40-150 lens for £99.99 and its not much bigger than the kit lens!

Contary to popular belief, there are a lot of lenses out there form Olympus, Panasonic and Sigma. Some of the pro lenses from Olympus are very expensive though!

A good bet is the 70-300, thats a coverage of 140-600, which is immense considering the size of the lens.

Prime lenses are also availiable, 25mm f2.8, 35mm Macro, 50mm F2, Sigma 30/50mm etc.

Anyone looking for an alternative to Canon, Nikon etc, should look at the Olympus. If your not fussed about using older lenses and want a feature packed small DSLR, I highly recommend!

Kit Lens:

olympus-e-600-views.jpg

14-42 & 40-150

lensesyr.jpg

25mm 'pancake'

P9074219.JPG

E-420__Pancake25mm_Top_XL.jpg

Cupra
Nice write up. I'd be interested to see some full size photos taken from the 500 and this side by side to see how they compare (high ISO etc).

That pancake lens looks odd!

Its no high ISO beater due to its sensor, noise is much more noticible! But under good light, the Oly seems to be producing much nicer colours. Will get some shots up!

Mk2 ph1 clio
My dad uses te E-420 and loves it. He has the 14-42, 40-150 and a sigma 50-200 and gets some decent results. Anything over ISO 400 and the noise is noticible!