ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dry cell / race batteries - chargers

172 Race Car
yea I wouldnt use that. The Ctek ones are inteligent so vary the chrge rate according to whats needed.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a Ctek, as recomended by jay after I bought a oddysey battery off him.

Cheers guys. I was pretty sure if need another charger just wanted tto make sure as father in law wanted me to pick him up a charger like I've bought but there's no point if I'll get rid of mine soon.

Excuse the thread bump, but saves starting another with the same title.

I note above that a Ctek 0.8 charger has been recommended, which is £20 cheaper than a model slightly higher up in the range - the MXS 3.8. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E5VS58Y/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I'm wondering if it is worth spending the extra money for my needs. I have an Odyssey AGM battery which I need to revive after leaving it standing for several months which I'll then need to trickle charge as well as being able to occasionally charge 12v car batteries (2L or so) in cars which I have sat around for long periods.

It's a catch 22 between paying £30 and wishing I'd spent more and thus end up buying 2, or paying the £50 for the 'better' model but then not using any of the additional features that the £30 one wouldn't have so I'm unsure which suits my needs the best.