ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving till my tanks empty

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol it's an important question, as sometimes i'll have to make a 10ish mile detour to get cheap fuel.

Clio DCi 100
lol it's an important question, as sometimes i'll have to make a 10ish mile detour to get cheap fuel.

lol i'd be very careful with that cos its not exactly a proven science!
I can normally do about 600miles on a tank in my dci but one day it said i had another 50 miles to go and ran out of fuel!

Very embarrasing! lol depends how u drive i guess

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Sorry to be a bit of a killjoy on this one as well, but a colleague of my girlfriend's got fined £30 (or thereabouts) for running out of petrol on the A1. Highway code says somthing along the lines of it being illegal to drive on the motorway if you have any doubt about your car breaking down for any reason... Could cost you more than the extra £5 of petrol.

The traffic wombles won't charge you though, just the Police, depends who gets there first apparently?!

ibiza cupra
i ussually fill mine up just as it gets on the red but i have been known to leave it a couple of days before filling. dont like doing it tho. any way gotta go, need to go fill up.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
My light comes on at 55 miles.

Hardly let it get to red though, cba with the hassle of not knowing when its going to conk out.

My light comes on at 55 miles.

Hardly let it get to red though, cba with the hassle of not knowing when its going to conk out.

i was a good boy on my way home from fcs:rasp: brothers mobile on speed dial to come bring me petrol.

some tips DONT go to FCS without your debit card. i some how left mine in work:S

RB 182
done 50 miles on the light run it down quite regularly which is pretty bad but hey seems to be ok....