ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving - Cut out - Wont start?

Peugeot 308
Pulled out of a junction by my house, gave it some beans before slowing right down for a speed bump...go over the speedbump, go to pull away and the engines died... :dapprove:

Ive checked the gay red button under the bonnet, relays and most visable connectors etc and have got no where.

Just been towed home :(

Any idea's?

Ph1 172 btw guys

Sounds like the timing belt to me mate.

My 1.2 did the same, was just driving along then I lost all power and it wouldn't restart

Don't try and start it, get it to a garage to inspect.

If you try and start it with a gubbed timing belt then it will only do more damage

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
dodgy earth on the gearbox??

i had that, renault stung me for £200 to replace a foot of cable, not happy bunny!

Peugeot 308
Well hopefully going to get some form of diagnostic tool on it today

Its getting a spark, its getting fuel, the cut off switch is ok, the pumps priming...

Its turning over and over, cambelt is fine...

TDC sensor? Injector problem?

Bloody car lol!

Peugeot 308
I've taken off the TDC sensor, gave it some love and refitted it.

Just been finking about earthing points, Imobilizer poss?

Megane 225
Is the red light on the dash flashing when cranking? If it's getting fuel and spark then it shouldn't be the immobiliser.

53 Clio 172
mine does this mate, its fine when you driving along but when you stop to go over speed bump or pull in to a drive it cuts out but it runs absolutly fine so im assuming a dodgy connection somewhere, mines getting checked on on thursday!

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
mine used to do this last year, only happend when the engine was cold though or just after it had been started. It was a dodgy crank sensor. Had no problems since it was sorted 'touch wood'

Peugeot 308
Well it isnt the keys/immob from my understanding, the light goe's off now etc... both keys seem fine.

My gut feeling is telling me crank sensor..

Peugeot 308
Right, shes fixed.

My gut feeling proved to be right, didnt have a diag check as couldnt really be arsed to tow the car somewhere.

So went and bought a crank sensor, whilst taking the old one off, it fell in my hand in two pieces....

Yay!

New one fitted...done.