ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft?

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
hey peeps,ok.. everytime i turn right, something creaks and its really annoying?could this be anythin to do with the driveshaft? it only happens when im going quite slow?any ideas? cheers!

Mattsclio! said:
hey peeps,ok.. everytime i turn right, something creaks and its really annoying?could this be anythin to do with the driveshaft? it only happens when im going quite slow?any ideas? cheers!
I have an idea... don't turn right.

Sorry had to be done.

www.renparts.co.uk
won't be driveshaft i wouldn't have thought. My top mounts were squeaking a bit, just tigntened up the rubber bits on top, seemed to go away.

Mattsclio! said:
wat would it be catching? how do u know when ur driveshaft is shafted lol
You'd know a shaft has been realy broken to fail. They just rattle if theres no grease in them.
Its worth checking your gaiter on the shafts ie the bits of rubber as if they get holes in them the grease runs out and the shaft knocks.
If this has happened then you need to either get a new gaiter for £20 and refit it or get a new shaft. A new shaft will be about £90 maybe less and its worth every penny against trying to fit a new gaiter. Shafts arn't difficult to fit.

But check the strut top see if the ruber on the underside is catching this is most of the time the issue.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Still sounds like the first signs of a fecked cv joint to me. Take both front wheels off and check all the rubber gaiters, make sure there is no splits etc make sure all nuts bolts are at the correct torque and that everything looks and feels secure...

172 cup'd extreme
prob a broken spring or failed anti roll bar bush track rod end or ball joint , doubt it will be the drive shaft, if it was you would have more problems than a squeek

mine is booked into the garage 2mora with same problem and clunking on acceleration i will let you know what they say mate cheers

hi mate yeah it was the front driveshaft plus both my rear shockers are fooked so need two new ones for back end!!! bloody french crap he he i have been quoted 145.70 all in to supply and fit a new set is this a good price cheers

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
the side it is making noise etc and ive opened the bonnet and the rubber ring around the top of the strut looking thing is very loose. could this be a cause?

clidge said:
hi mate yeah it was the front driveshaft plus both my rear shockers are fooked so need two new ones for back end!!! bloody french crap he he i have been quoted 145.70 all in to supply and fit a new set is this a good price cheers
I wouldn't pay for anyone to fit shafts or shocks there easy to do.

£145 for new drive shafts seems not to abd I'd definatly do it yourself.