ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft queiry????

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot. Ive accidentally managed to pull my passenger side drive shaft out whist changing the springs on my 182. Obviously the next step would be to put it back in and re-seal it. But it seems to go back in a bit too easy (well much easier than when i pulled it out). Is there anything noticeable like a 'click' or something that I would hear or feel as I put the driveshaft back in to let me know that it's back in properly????

Ph1 172
I assume you mean drivers side? Merely push back in - theres no retaining ring that will give you any sort of 'click'. Its held in situ when the hub is bolted in fully

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v
Yes sorry I mean the gearbox end of the driveshaft. Gearbox oil all over the drive. (dad is not impressed) lol

Right that's great thanks. That's answered my question and made me feel a lot better about it. Cheers fellas.