ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driveshaft/gearbox help rally car build

transit van, ph2 172
i have a clio 172 that iam building into a rally car but i also have left over ex cup car suspension hubs etc that i will be using
can anyone tell me what shafts i have to run or should i just fit another gearbox like the vw etc?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
What gearbox do you intend on running with?
The outer cv joints off a 1*2 will fit the ex cup racer hubs you have as well, so you may just need to get your original driveshafts lengthened or remade.
Standard jc5 will be chocolate in a rally car though if you intend on giving it some abuse. Other options are available (sadev box being one).

transit van, ph2 172
Sadev is not a option as money is a little tight, any ideas on how much longer they will need to be with the jc5?
Or if anyone has had any joy in using vw box or something more main stream like vauxhall f20

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Sadev is not a option as money is a little tight, any ideas on how much longer they will need to be with the jc5?
Or if anyone has had any joy in using vw box or something more main stream like vauxhall f20
Cup racers were 20mm wider track per wheel so you need 20mm to be safe mate.
There's a few on here that have run the vw box mate and there's custom flywheels available.
@Andyrg@ ClioTurbo has done this conversion and I believe can supply the parts you'd need.

transit van, ph2 172
Thanks for the help next one is can anyone recommend a company to lengthen shafts for compition use?
I've asked around about the vw conversion and it seems comp parts are hard to come by