ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers inner CV boot

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Does anyone know where you can get an inner CV boot for drivers side drive shaft on a PH2 172 (2 piece)?

Clio 172 cup
You cant, far easier to replace the whole drive shaft.

Drivers side shaft is sooooo easy to replace as it just slides out, just buy a second hand shaft from a breakers for £40

172 cup
As said, if you saw the design of the shaft and inner boot set up you would understand why it cant be done. As said buy a re-con

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Went a spoke to Renault today and they said they cant do a recon shaft due to them not fitting sports properly? something to do with one of the holes not lining up.. Quoted me £216 for a brandnew shaft.

Lionel Richie
tell them to piss off, ring Adam at Renault on 01902 439264 he'll mail order you one cheaper than anywhere else

Megane r26
I obtained an inner CV boot kit a few years ago from my local dealer, came with new boot, an all circlips required for dismantling the joint. Never used it, still in the shed as I just replaced it with a new shaft as was told by a few on here it wouldn't work/fit correctly

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Went a spoke to Renault today and they said they cant do a recon shaft due to them not fitting sports properly? something to do with one of the holes not lining up.. Quoted me £216 for a brandnew shaft.
Tell them to learn their job properly

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I obtained an inner CV boot kit a few years ago from my local dealer, came with new boot, an all circlips required for dismantling the joint. Never used it, still in the shed as I just replaced it with a new shaft as was told by a few on here it wouldn't work/fit correctly
There is one version of a ph1 shaft that a boot kit fits

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Does anyone know the part number for the re-con shaft then? ill just go in and order it with the part number, if i go in and tell them to learn their job properly im less likely to get the 15% discount i normally get for being such a regular customer haha.