ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drive shaft

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
need sum identifying help please...
bought a couple of driveshafts off a member from here (p0rty) nice genuine guy....upon arrival ive checked it up against another 1 i had in the garage and they look a bit different....

can anyone tell me if it will fit please ....

my original one is the one below

8077299000_c031797b31_c.jpg

Untitled by seanyboii, on Flickr

172/1.2/E30
Top one is a ph1 172 shaft. Bottom one is a ph2 172 or 182 shaft with intermediate bearing (has a bracket bolted to the rear of the block).

Edit: If they are the same length, you can use the upper item. Need to remove the bracket on the rear of the block though.

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
Ta m8 ye the bottom one is a ph2 172 shaft ,,,
The shaft at the hub end appears to be the same, but the rest of it seems a bit longer. But u can push the other end to make it the same as the other... Do u reckon it would work?

Cup In bits
Top one could be a 172 cup shaft as well, looks the same as mine.

Bottom shaft will have to be longer really as it has to travel further with the intermediate bearing that bolts to the block, very small difference though. I know its possible to switch 172 cup shafts for the two piece one at the bottom, slight improvement for torque steer in theory.

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
got them in today and seems fine ....luckily the passengers side was the same as would of been fooked ,,but still hasnt the b*****d clunking noise i had,am going back to top mounts now to see if that will help,,,

Cup In bits
Some cup shafts come with abs rings I have been told, both mine have rings and I measured there the correct length as I'm looking for longer shafts if you know of any mr pink?

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
So which shafts did you fit in the end?

Driveshafts cause "clunking" when there too long/short

i did both driveshafts m8,,
i had nasty knock noises when turning left and right wich i thought was the steering rack,, but the shafts were knackerd anyway so needed doing,,
but top mounts are still noisy,i must be doing something wrong as theyre new ones on there but the noise is still there

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
as said above m8 i think they must be ph1 ,as also said cup ones dont have abs so they wont have the abs rings .u may have different shafts in as the guy i got these off took them out of a cup...when changing them i measured the shafts n they were the same both sides and drives ok