ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive problems/running

BG 182
Hello recently brought a 182 which has devoloped a problem.

The other day I was just pulling out of a junction and the car just lost all drive. It will go in to gear but I can fully lift the clutch and nothing will happen get a slight crunchy noise. So my first thoughts where clutch which so I took this out to realise its a new Valeo clutch.

After further investigation we found the driveshaft to gearbox sleeve was worn badly so this was replaced hoping we had fixed the problem put it back together and still no drive. So after that the gearbox was replaced hoping this would solve my problem but it still hasn't the car still has no drive

So in short the car turns on revs fine no lights on dash think I can feel it go in to gear but has no drive. The original gearbox was fitted with a quaife LSD but the new box hasn't its a low mileage at 55k like for like box

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of ideas

BG 182
Yeah I have still got the quaife on of the main reasons I brought the 182

So BIGASH you recommend changing the clutch to solve the problem as it did look alright