ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drift HD camera help

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon all,

I acquired one of the original Drift HD 1080 cams from one of the members on here, all is good, great thing it is!

Only thing is, it suffers from loads of wind noise, anyone got any ideas of how I can reduce/remove this issue?

Cheers,

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As above, the drift mics are really good and cost about £15 iirc. Be careful as I'm pretty sure the connector changed when the ghost came out so make sure whatever you buy is compatible.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for the HUGELY late reply guys, I only just realised..

I've been looking at the MICS but couldn't work out which one was correct because I'm a spanner.

When you say record your audio separately? @jenic @Jeff simply

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
What sort of audio are you trying to record?

Voice inside a full face helmet? Or the sound of the bike?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I must have been drunk when i replied, as I was talking about using an external mic with the drift rather than recording audio separately.
I have a ghost and this - http://actioncameras.co.uk/drift-3-5-mm-external-microphone, you'd have to call for one for yours as I can't see them online. It's surprising how much wind noise they manage to block, but if you are wanting the sound of the bike you might be better doing as Jeff says and recording the audio with something else, I've never bought anything like that but I'm sure Jeff can recommend something.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I honestly don't know. Some have said pull of the rubber "flange" tyre thing from the underside and you can plug it in there. But it to me doesn't look like it should come off..

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The drift camera should have come with 2 battery covers, one solid plastic and one with rubber covers over the connections to connect a mic or usb cable. You need to use the latter to expose the connectors.