ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dribbling headlight washer jets Cure

J

Jim NM

I got fed up with my washer bottle emptying due to the syphoning effect from my headlight washers. Rather than pay around £8 each per headlight washer, I spent £5.98 instead for both sides. I bought two non return inline valves, cut the washer pipes as close to the headlights as possible and inserted the non return valves. You can reach down behind the near side lightlight and pull some slack washer piping up to allow you to cut it and insert the NRV (non-return valve)
The drivers side you need to take out the bolts which fasten down your grill and pull the grill forward carefully. This will allow you to get your hand in, feel around the bottom of the grill and pull the other washer pipe up to allow you to cut it and insert the NRV. (non-return valve) Sorted no more dribbling headlight washers.

By the way make sure you insert the non-return valves the right way otherwise you won't get any water through to the washer jets.

I hope this helps any of you that suffer from dribbling headlight washer jets. It saves a few quid too.:)

Megane 2 GT 165
Good fix!

I just gave my dribbling washer jet a poke today.

Take of the ball, and insert a small pin (long side of an allen-key) in the hole behind the ball, give the spring that is in the washer jet a good poke, hope it seats the ball that is pressed with the spring to a seating (non return valve inside the washer jet??) This fixxed mine anyway.

Fit big ball again, and hope it doesn't fly off when spraying.

costs:

Full bottle of windscreen cleaner 5L 4,99 euro.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i fitted these to mine, did feck all, ended up getting Birchdown to fit 2 new washers.
only fault the cars had in 5 years though :)

Inferno 182
Are we alowed to blank our washer jets off?like tha cup?or do they need to be there for mot

No straight mot failure if the car has xenon's as by law should have self leveling (either the light itself or suspension to stop blinding people) and Headlight wash.

good fix though will have to get round to doing mine.

RS Clio 182
is it easier to just take the bumoer off, if so how do yiu get it off, mt drivers side is leaking but i want to fix it properly so they still work>