ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drag Racing @ Shakespeare: Sat 27/10/12

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
15 so far..looks like should be good day out in 30 days time...

T minus 30 ;)

renault clio 172
30 days will give me chance to she'd a few pounds so I can go up the strip quicker....spare wheel is coming out, back seats will be removed, and I will be wearing very light clothes lol would it be wrong to go up the strip in just my pants??

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Am just trying to sort some helmets lads will let you know. May have access to 4 or 5 that we can use and I thought if I get them everyone could make a small donation to charity to use them. Still sorting it at the moment though?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
30 days time should give me enough time to fix the dci's turbo and valve lifters.....

no chance im beatin anyone on the strip after being out in daves dog shed today :(

30 days will give me chance to she'd a few pounds so I can go up the strip quicker....spare wheel is coming out, back seats will be removed, and I will be wearing very light clothes lol would it be wrong to go up the strip in just my pants??

Flol Rich yes it would be wrong although you could get away with this!

fat-cyclist.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
no chance im beatin anyone on the strip after being out in daves dog shed today :(

I told you the dog kennel will devastate all.......except Freds vee........and Toms turbo cup,
but other than that you're all screwed........as long as I can fix the exhaust leak we discovered today.

But yeah, you're all dead........maybe. :S

big boost cup
I told you the dog kennel will devastate all.......except Freds vee........and Toms supercharged cup,
but other than that you're all screwed........as long as I can fix the exhaust leak we discovered today.

But yeah, you're all dead........maybe. :S

love your optimistic approach lol

Is this the first time on the 1/4 for a few people?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Well seeing as I piss all over 90 year olds in their Honda Jazz's,
I should be king of the universe on the strip. :evil:

Oh and LewDew sent me a pm and apparently we all need to bring the paper counterpart to our licence's,
Christ knows why, but rules are rules.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Dave did you sort out the play in the steering? What was it?

Well as Fred said, the steering racks don't really go wrong on these and he was right,
DCIRaz and his mate Andy got it up on a lift, took the subframe off, unbolted the steering rack,
then realised there was sod all wrong with it.

However the tie rods and track rod ends that are less than a few months old were utterly f*cked,
to the point where they could have come apart on the next corner.

Because there was so much play they had knackered the ball joints that are less than a year old,
and my 8 month old tyres were absolutely shredded.

So if you're ever in Coventry and need a garage don't go anywhere near CPR (Citreon Peugeot Renault),
how they managed to f*ck up fitting tie rods and track rod ends i'll never know, but they could have killed me.

So the front end is now tighter than a French teachers girlfriend,
and the front arb is now polybushed. :D

But the exhaust is now blowing fml.

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
^told you so ;) i'm only up the A45 sir!

sub 14sec 1/4will do me, dynacup has done a 14.0 or a 13.9 (can't remember LOL) never ran the V6 so i don't know what they do!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Lol now i understand why the steering rqcks never come up as a fault on here.

That inner tierod was on by the very first two threads, no joke. Andy undid it and it just fell off dodge b******s even put one poly tie rod bush on one side and a standard renault one on the other.

Megatrons arms helped allot ;)

Hows the gears now dave?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Good! I need to do mine as first is getting really notchy.

Aswell as every pissin other thing wrong with it.

Oh well detailed that shitty merc vito van and the guy turned around and said he now wants it painting white cus he dont like sunburt yellow... Like wtf

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Yesterday he was saying it wasn't worth painting as for the cost of buying and painting it
he can get one in the colour he wants for the same money ffs.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Flol i know, iv told andy im not helping to paint another van, without being nasty to him.

So by the sound of it andys is telling smishy no, on the basis of a jag engine to rebuild, that shity v6 alta turbo to fix and the golf to finish.

Andy might be coming to the strip with me , in the tvr ;) ( if he's aloud.. ? )

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Lol f*cking hell, we're all f*cked if he brings the TVR. :evil:

Non members can come along, there's one on the list already. (Ben the blob eye scooby man)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
What times are you all predicting then lets here em ???
I reckon Daves Dog kennel will see most of you off TBH
:D
(except tom in the Dirty D ;))

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
the dynacup doesn't have an interior davo and its done a 13.9 before ;) stock cups will do 14.5

i'm running the V6 anyway, so 14 dead or quicker will do me :D

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
My personal best in my old Rover 100 VVC was 14.1 @ 99mph and I hope to get pretty close to that in the Cup!

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I look forward to seeing what my mate bens Impreza gets. Because that's bloody quick. Ill be happy if mine crosses the line, :)