ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

downgrading in the world of ph1's

172 ph1
well...ive had to fight for the last year or so with myself to not rip my ph1 to bits as its such a good example and the only way around this is to sell up and buy a higher milage (probably 70+k) for peanuts and then strip and tune that! am i mad or just doing the right thing? be a shame to wreck a perfectly standard decent little ph1 imo but on the other hand it could go to someone who is gona ruin it :S

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Strip and tune the one you've got if that's your thing, and you are going to do some trackdays.

Can always return to standard.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
:S

Wot !?

Took me a while to translate as well Giraffe. Think :
I currently have a very good example of a phs 1 172. Should I sell this and replace with a not so good example to strip and rag the tits off!! Or strip my good example, and rag the tits off that!!

If this isn't what was meant in op, I apologise for my translation and my original reply!! ; )

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah yes. Makes total sense.

Sell car for <£1500.

Buy new car for £500 and spend £1500 fixing it up to do track days then get bored and supercharge it only to sell up and buy an M3 months later.

That's what happens on here normally, right...?!

OP = More light needed on the subject, dear chap.

Ta.

:coffee:

172 ph1
so what your saying is a low milage mint example is worth 1500? and as for the translation crack...lets grow up abit and stop with the negativity on the forum lads its the only one ive ever been on where (some) owners seem to think theres a a sad little pecking order and have to try and take the piss at every comment someone they dont recognise puts on the forum!

Dan

Titanium 182
Stick with what you've already got - if you know it's a good one, why go through the hassle of selling it in favour of a bad example which might leave you more out of pocket?

Take it on a few track days, if you enjoy it, gradually start work on it. :)

so what your saying is a low milage mint example is worth 1500? and as for the translation crack...lets grow up abit and stop with the negativity on the forum lads its the only one ive ever been on where (some) owners seem to think theres a a sad little pecking order and have to try and take the piss at every comment someone they dont recognise puts on the forum!

Dan

It's nothing to do with pecking order mate. What you said didn't make sense.

It's far better to stick with what you have. You'll get 1500ish for yours. Buy a shed for 900 and then you could spent a lot more than you've 'saved' trying to make it half decent.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Just strip what you already have. It's a Clio at the end of the day and worth peanuts whether it's 'mint' or a high mileage shed.

FWIW I had my 25k mile mint phase 1 about 2 weeks before I set about ripping it apart. :)

172 ph1
Just strip what you already have. It's a Clio at the end of the day and worth peanuts whether it's 'mint' or a high mileage shed.

FWIW I had my 25k mile mint phase 1 about 2 weeks before I set about ripping it apart. :)

like your style mate lol think il just gradually start working on it...think the grass was greener yesterday and didnt realise that ph1's were only worth 500-1500 quid!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
If you're after a cheap decent ph1 then let me know. I have a 66k miles one that's a little rough round the edges but I've just replaced all the brakes and tyres. Perfect for a track project that I wanted it for but plans have changed.

172 ph1
hmmm sounds interesting...it titanium? id like another one of them for some reason! and obviously how much?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Buying a 172 full stop is going to require work these days. If you happen to have a mint example that doesn't need any anything you're probably not going to want to sell it for 2k let alone 1.5.

172 ph1
yep thats true i wouldnt dare sell it for anything less than 2k mate! just going to have to think this one through...

Sell it, buy one of the Silver Ph1's that come up on here for about £1k every other week, pull everything not needed off it and sell it.

Then youll have a cheap crap ph1 to take on track.

172 ph1
that was the plan but id want to get as much as poss for mine and i dont want to end up ripping myself off!