ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Badges > Paint the letters

Kangoo
How are you painting the letters of the Door Badges? After the full paintjob, with a brush?

Tell meeee!!!!

Kangoo
At my liquid yellow ones i use a black Waterproofing pen but now i want to paint the bullets black an don´t know how to paint the letters liquid yellow :dapprove:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Aparently, you put blue-tac all the way around the lettering, pressing it firmly into any of the little corners etc, then paint with a very fine brush, or if you are feeling confident, you could always try sprayiing instead, but obviously you'd have to cover the whole bullet.

Then if I were you, I'd lacquer the whole thing.

Not got a car
I tried to do it but i failed, Mine looked shite, all blotted down the sides of the lettering, Just couldnt get a nice crisp edge.

with using a paintbrush,

do you just spray the whole thing including the letters with the base colour, like for example anthracite, then just paint brush the lettering colour over that, so like paint the black over the top of the anthracite on the letters then spray laquer the hole thing?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Could you spray on that with no worries? Surely cutting out the letters isn't easy either?

Cutting the letters is easy with a sharp Stanley blade. That liquid mask is the stuff they use when they do RC shells and they produce some really nice clever stuff with it.

Its better than Bluetack :dead:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cutting the letters is easy with a sharp Stanley blade. That liquid mask is the stuff they use when they do RC shells and they produce some really nice clever stuff with it.

Its better than Bluetack :dead:

Your point, its fair, lol!

Ok so fine with the cutting it out lark, but can i spray it? Or does it need to be hand painted?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Spray the badge the base color, lets say blue.

Let it dry.

Apply liquid mask, brush it over the whole badge. Let it air dry (or hairdryer if you in a rush) Do a couple of coats to make sure you have covered the whole badge.

Take stanley knife, carefully trim out lettering.

Now spray the lettering the desired color (lets say black)

Once dry, carefully peel away the liquid mask or the rest of the badge.

You are mow left with a blue badge with black lettering

You may be able to find a spray version if you search the interwebz

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers, I wasnt looking for a spray version of the mask, just asking if the mask is durable enough to spray onto, or whether painting was preferable as it causes less pressure. (I thought spray would have more chance of forcing its way down the cracks where you've cut.

I'll have a go at some myself now before I send them to naith! lol!

Range Rover sport
Aparently, you put blue-tac all the way around the lettering, pressing it firmly into any of the little corners etc, then paint with a very fine brush, or if you are feeling confident, you could always try sprayiing instead, but obviously you'd have to cover the whole bullet.

Then if I were you, I'd lacquer the whole thing.

Bad idea , much simpler way , I use an air brush to get my affects and mark out the lettering.

If you do not own an air brush the alternative way of getting a good affect is to put masking tape covering the whole bullet, once done so use a fairly small sharp knife and cut around the lettering peeling it back once done so, spray desired colour , wait to dry and peel off, 2k lacquer should be used for a good effect

Range Rover sport
70% price? depends where you buy it from if your interested in doing them yourselves i can get you 2k lacquer , hardener and thinners..

basic different really is the effect , 1k from an aerosol will give you some shine not alot , ideal for a quick job like a small diamond etc.

also if you haven't prepared something properly with 1k you will be likely to see scratches