ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don't wanna scare anyone but.....

Scirocco GT 2.0
has anyone else with a Mk3 experienced the bonnet popping up?

It has happened TWICE now, the first time I blamed myself because I had the bonnet open the day before.

But this morning it happened again! and I haven't opened the bonnet for weeks as i've been on holiday etc etc.

I was on a A road too!!! Luckily my reactions told me to open the window, slow down, pull to the slow lane. But I was shitting myself a little bit. I couldn't pull over on the A12 because I would never get back on again so I just crawled at 50-55 to the slip road 1/2 miles ahead.

:S

Another problem to add to the list. :banghead:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
my 182 need to go back in again because i cant open the bonnet atall. it only got changed a few months ago. s**t tbh

S3, Polo
...Luckily my reactions told me to open the window...

004886_542117.jpg

:)

tiTTy & SV650
seriously retarded if this is an issue with mk3's, after watchdog etc making such a fuss over the mk2's

tiTTy & SV650
my 182 need to go back in again because i cant open the bonnet atall. it only got changed a few months ago. s**t tbh

Get someone to work the release while you work the catch, then it might open. My sis used to have a mk2 ph1 and this happened, sticky cable.

Clio
fuk me this is still happing on the new gen of clios

get it back to renault mate

mine has had 3 bonnets and 5 catches (its an 04 thou)

Ive not heard of many mk3s with serious problems Scotty's mk3 the exception to the rules hes just seems to have a bad one ;)

Scirocco GT 2.0
What other problems have you had mate?
Warranty on mine is up soon, give me something to worry about!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=434083

And that's just the ones I can remember. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Oh and recently the Clutch/Gearbox have started to squeak which along with the brakes STILL squeaking is driving me crazy.

On the up side, I seem to be getting better MPG these days but the real test will be when it rains and the engine fills with water again, lol.

Bloody thing.

Mini Cooper S
What route do you do on the A12?
When I left the dealers in my MK3...the salesman left the bonnet on the latch! But had no actual probs with it :p

Scirocco GT 2.0
What route do you do on the A12?
When I left the dealers in my MK3...the salesman left the bonnet on the latch! But had no actual probs with it :p

Galleywood Slip road => Boreham Interchange

or

Danbury Slip road => Boreham Interchange

and visa versa :)