ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dogbone mount fitting question

Renault Clio 172
Ive got a 52 reg 172 cup and bought an uprated mount, got round to fitting it today but the problem is my car has the smaller straight mount the same as a ph1 but my car is a ph2... is this renault being cheap and using up left over parts when they moved to the ph2 or has something been changed on the car in the past?
Another thing, the new mount looks like it would fit ok as the gearbox has a threaded hole for it, the only slight problem would be the new mount being longer would have to pass through the u shaped bracket for the old mount, would this cause any issues?

RB Clio 182
This is my dogbone fitted burt

b8112190-b605-4ada-bbd2-80bfc06a128f_zps4a7cb134.jpg

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Am I right in saying that the vertical bolt in the above picture goes into the gearbox? If so, it's possible that your gearbox has been replaced in the past with one from a ph1, hence the use of a non-twisted mount.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Am I right in saying that the vertical bolt in the above picture goes into the gearbox? If so, it's possible that your gearbox has been replaced in the past with one from a ph1, hence the use of a non-twisted mount.

This is possible, the phase 1 f4r shares the same box as the Cup from memory.

Renault Clio 172
Yes thats what im thinking, my gearbox does have a threaded hole in the right place for the twisted mount though

Renault Clio 172
The top left arrow points to the threaded hole, the other arrow points to the bracket the original mount bolts to

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420240932142.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420240932142.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 101