ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dogbone engine mount cracked engine casing

Renault clio 1.2
Im new to the forum and i already need your help.
I have a 1.2 Renault Clio and after setting off from a set of traffic lights i put it into second and all of a sudden there was a crack noise and a lost all gears, i have had it towed onto my drive but i have just found out that the rear engine mount has snapped completely off but taken the casing with it so there is no thread there anymore.
needing a bit of help on coming up with a solution, any ideas?
IMG_0555[1].JPG
IMG_0556[1].JPG

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Oh wow.
Can you drill in in further?
If you can then you could Tap the new hole and use a longer bolt

Renault clio 1.2
i don't have the missing piece must of bounced down the gutter or something, and there doesn't seem to be enough metal to use a helicoil

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
New gearbox. Shouldn't be expensive to get one and if you can fit it then it's not that expensive overall.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Didn't know a 1200 could launch that hard lol. GTR Style! On serious note though weld and helicoil it as said above.

Renault clio 1.2
Update: Decided it not worth the money to fix it and taking it to the scrappy , it managed to take my gearbox and exhaust out with it, and the car didnt have a straight panel on it anyway, i can pick up a 1.5 dci for about £800 so looks like im going that way