ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

...does size really matter

that looks mean as f*ck mate cant wait to see it though i kinda hate you now cos i just got prices to have my f1s in anthracite :confused: im not sure dont wanna be unoriginal round brighouse lol. what you done with your 17s?

H22A7 Accord Type R

17s are in my room mate..............dunno what im gonna do with them, big b******s, might make a coffee table????

lol cheeky i no worth a try. dont no wat to do bout my wheel situation, go ahead and get the f1s in antracite or get sum super ts 16" or wheels of that type??????

H22A7 Accord Type R

keep yer eye in the for sale forum, i reccon get some 16" turinis or mk2 172 rims?? then powder coat them!

Yup, I think the little 1.2 Clios handle well, had some fun times in mine! I felt confidant throwing it around corners and taking it to the limit and I knew where my limit was!

Not knocking you or anything, but how sure can we be that the driver was really driving? Maybe he was playing with you, who knows!

Only way to figure it out is to get another Type R or 182 out there and actually BOTH go for it, somone you know and then well know!

Once I get my sh*tty suspension set up sorted and some grippy tyres and bigger rims, Ill have a session with ya :devilish:

Benn meaning to go see Northy too, but dont like how my car is at the moment! Are you 2 (R3BOC &Northy) going on the peaks run? Should be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H22A7 Accord Type R

ok Gee but you can go infront because i know you like to tailgate at all times lol

H22A7 Accord Type R
MEGA THREAD RESURRECTION LOL - I LOVE the search Engine on here!!!!!!

Reading back over this thread now makes me laugh..........Seeing as i now own an Accord Type R, and drive along that same road at a MUCH better rate now, i would absolutely muller my old 1.2 up that same road in the ATR!!

Ahhhh happy memories......... The main difference is, the Clio got scary and very vague when beyond the limits of grip.......the Honda, never feels scary as its always talking to you...... Its amazing what you learn in 2 1/2 years ;)

Maybe its wasnt a real type-r, as there is NOWAY that a 1.2 clio could keep up with it ever, if a 172 cant even keep up with a type-r, how could a 1.2! it must have been a rep type-r, as my mate has a 1.2 clio and its SLOW, lets be honest 172/182/ctr arent fast cars, they are nippy. And for some1 to say a 1.2 is fast i have to laugh!:eek:

ph quick
Maybe its wasnt a real type-r, as there is NOWAY that a 1.2 clio could keep up with it ever, if a 172 cant even keep up with a type-r, how could a 1.2! it must have been a rep type-r, as my mate has a 1.2 clio and its SLOW, lets be honest 172/182/ctr arent fast cars, they are nippy. And for some1 to say a 1.2 is fast i have to laugh!:eek:

:rolleyes:

visualize whirled pe
Great thread. I don't see any reason why you can't have as much fun in a small engined car as you can in a more powerful model.
The fun of driving a small engined car is frantically changing gears keeping the thing on the boil. You can heel and toe down changing into a corner and exit with all your revs, it's like a challenge to get the thing up to speed and keep it there and that's where the fun is.
There are racing championships for Citroen 2cv's which are pretty much set up on this principal that you don't need lot's of power to have fun.

MX5 owners will agree with me here, if you drive one of them on the limit you are rewarded, the gears snick into place so nicely you forget you've only got a little 1.6 with 115bhp.
My dad's merc is about 300bhp and all that does is pin you in the seat on straights, I'm sure the novelty wears off, so it feels a little soulless.

H22A7 Accord Type R

LMAO!!! yee haaa

H22A7 Accord Type R
Great thread. I don't see any reason why you can't have as much fun in a small engined car as you can in a more powerful model.
The fun of driving a small engined car is frantically changing gears keeping the thing on the boil. You can heel and toe down changing into a corner and exit with all your revs, it's like a challenge to get the thing up to speed and keep it there and that's where the fun is.
There are racing championships for Citroen 2cv's which are pretty much set up on this principal that you don't need lot's of power to have fun.

MX5 owners will agree with me here, if you drive one of them on the limit you are rewarded, the gears snick into place so nicely you forget you've only got a little 1.6 with 115bhp.
My dad's merc is about 300bhp and all that does is pin you in the seat on straights, I'm sure the novelty wears off, so it feels a little soulless.

Couldnt agree more buddy! :)

Suzuki Swift Sport
I know exactly what you mean - in my mini days I used to go on a lot of runs with them and when I had the s (which was remapped etc to 190bhp) I used to think id be getting held up with the ones/coopers, but it was far from it, you can only go so fast round the corners - ok I had a pull on them in the straight sections but they were having just as much fun as me im sure!

The only thing I would say is I feel safer in a quicker car on the roads for overtaking etc!

H22A7 Accord Type R
Hullo matey!!!! :D Noisey Cup......... hmmm i would usually take note of such a machine ;) Shall look out for ya

williams and trophy
noisy cups in Hx??

will have to keep me eyes open next time im thrashin the williams over that way hehe;)

106 gti at the mo
nice one guys the no plate is currently j20nyy but im not called jonny so its coming off:rasp: