ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does my engine sound normal?? VIDEO INSIDE

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hi guys

Not sure if I'm imagining it but recently I thought that my engine might be sounding a little odd.

I fancy there's a whooshy/whiny type noise....kinda hard to describe as it's neither a whoosh or a whine but somewhere between the two! It's the higher pitched noise in the vid.

Car is running great, aux belt and pulleys were done appx 10k ago, PAS pump 10k ago and cambelt 15k ago so hope it isn't any of those.

Noise goes away when engaging clutch, and is louder with harder revs.

Video below:

[video]http://www.electricfurnace.org.uk/IMG_0503.MOV[/video]

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Ive got a 172 and mine dont sound like that, whines alittle when its first started but goes away after about 5 mins. It goes away when the clutch is engaged, My saxo used todo the same and it was the release bearing.

172 ph-quick
Mine sounds like this too but not as loud, was thinking the alternator might be on it last legs but its been doing it since i got it and not got any worse. Ill try engaging the clutch later and see if that stops it as never noticed before. If it stops then at least it narrows it down a bit (i think my gearbox is due for a rebuild soon anyway as its started whining slightly too, oh happy days!).