ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does anyone actually know s**t...

RenaultSport clio 1800rsi
does anyone on this sight actually know anything at all about their cars? all the talk of "which gear knob would look best?!?" says no to me. I've only asked one small peice of technical advise (its not even that technical) and it seems to be beyond you all. I just thought that all these "enthusiasts" might work on their own cars and might be able to help.
never mind, as there are plenty of real enthusiasts out there who do know what there talking about. "which gearknob looks best?"-who f**king cares you only use it to change gear!

UR 197, AB 182 FF
LOL

When I asked about something mechanical a few months back I got no replies at all. I'm as guilty as the next guy though of missing posts. I tend to only look at the "recent" threads page and thats it!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
You cant even spell site (as in website) you are a r****d mate, thought your high school would of filtered this site, guess not.

RenaultSport clio 1800rsi
cheers for replying though mate! just seems all boy racers without a clue type of thing on here!!

172 Cup
It's "site" as in website.

Hello all, I have a k-plate clio 1800RSi and the steering has a major(?) problem. the last owner has put a new rack in but the bottom of the steering shaft (the triangular bit!) has been forced into the linkage in the wrong position, along with another peice of metal! I know I need a new shaft, bearing and u.j. but would like to know how hard this job is to do?

It's hard. Question answered :)

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Re: does anyone actually know sh*t...

ROFL, your site sums it up for you mate

"This is The Nine Bar, a small & friendly cannabis discussion site."

Interesting stuff there mate lol

UR 197, AB 182 FF
I went to high school in england :(

In fact, one of the schools I grew up near was called "Frankley Community High School"

and was built back in the early 80s

80MPG BEEZA
if you read all the posts in tuning and mechanical you'd realise there are serious discussions on here yes people ask stupid questions they'll be asking how to remove sunstrips from the windscreens next week but there are people that have a great knowledge of there cars with only 4 posts i wouldnt say you've had the full experience yet

R

Rebecca

robski said:
high school? I went to school in England dick head.

I went to Aldersley High School in England. Lots of High Schools in England.
I think the people who can answer the technical questions probably are not on here often enough to be able to answer everyones questions.
Rebecca

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Odd, I've always had great advice from these guys - the type of advice that's always hard to find too. Loads of nice peeps on here :)

Clio 182
I went school in England and I went to high school. This SITE has been very helpful for me and many others. Maybe you should not have a smoke and come on the cliosport.net at the same time maybe ? PS its advice not advise and its piece not peice. Good luck in fixing your car btw!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

Robski

if the site is so crap, then dont post!!! simple

He's also assuming that all the people on here A have an Rsi or at very least a Mk1 (i'm guessing the rack/column will be similar on most of them) and B have looked at and worked on the steering, so obviously he's justified in his outburst when he doesnt get a response :rolleyes:

clio v6
robski...what did you want to know??

the steering shaft is not too bad to fit...about 2 hours for a reasonable amature. 1 hour for a pro.

Honda Civic Type R '02

andy_con said:
Robski

if the site is so crap, then dont post!!! simple

^^ i second that. :rolleyes:

gettin all offensive isn't gonna make people want to help u.

Clio 172 mk2

Back to gearknobs

I suggest a nice leather number....much more forgiving on those palms and fingers during heavy gearchanges.

Also looks nice too which is most important:D

Looking for a ph-quick...
I think its pathetic you comming on here and running your mouth, personally i find loads of people really helpfull and i have also made some good friends too, and with your attitude i dont think you will be getting any help!

Black 172 Sport

Knobski said:
"which gearknob looks best?"-who f**king cares you only use it to change gear!

I care, hence my post "Show me your knob" next you'll be saying "Which steering wheel looks best?" - who f**king care you only use it to steer ! DOH !

Knobski, Bet you have aftermarket wheels on your car - There only wheels, they go round the same as factory fitted wheels don't they ?

RS Meg 175
^^^^ hahah

What a knob-head why dont you go and play the sims instead of running your mouth and generally being an inbred, retarded chav. :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Car: RenaultSport clio 1800rsi

Hummmm....Not heard of that one before.

Sling your hook ya gippo.

1996 Valver

damutz said:
I care, hence my post "Show me your knob" next you'll be saying "Which steering wheel looks best?" - who f**king care you only use it to steer ! DOH !

Knobski, Bet you have aftermarket wheels on your car - There only wheels, they go round the same as factory fitted wheels don't they ?

LOL @ knobski

I went to Worthing High School. In West Sussex and quite a few other counties, secondary schools are called High schools. But I think that one has been pretty much answered.

I think, as with any forum, you get a mixed bunch of people, some technically minded, some not, some just looking for a friendly chat because there are no like-minded people to talk to in their workplace or home.

Bottom line is - if you don't like the forum and it's users offend you so much, refrain from using it. If you need technical advice, speak to a mechanic. There is really no need to be offensive and sling insults about. Finally, as Ali said, sling your hook you f**king gippo.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
The two quotes below absolutely killed me rofl..

Matta_88 said:
What a knob-head why dont you go and play the sims instead of running your mouth and generally being an inbred, retarded chav. :D

Trophy 298/525 said:
Finally, as Ali said, sling your hook you f**king gippo.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL Nice to see i'm quoted for my ever inteligent and worthwhile comments. ;)

good times.