ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodo juice purple haze - lid been open for a while?

Just got some but its quite hard and hardly any wax gets picked up by the foam pad or your fingers, read a review that said something like that might of happened. What should it be like?

@Chapppers11

Not sure what qd is mate, am new to all this :) The wax does apply, Im just not sure if enough goes on the car, should it be coated on thick or just a thin layer, do you rub it in so the surface is just coated and leave it till it dries, or give it more of a working in?

IMG_0494.JPG
IMG_0498.JPG

gave up. paint work is diabolical anyway, dont even think a full detail would help. Starting to get rust chips and stuff

I waxed this panel, suns on it
IMG_0502.JPG

This is just washed with dodo sour power
IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

Camera can change things though..
IMG_0500.JPG

It was a bit marked when I got it, some bumper rashes and small marks, not too bad. A bit after owning it it was key scratched in a lot of places, they are real small like it was done with pennies, think they lit a lighter on part of the roof as well, ever since then I cba to try and keep it nice and clean, its just miserable lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I’m assuming you didn’t decontaminate the paint and all that jazz before you applied the wax?

Yeah just a basic wash with a hand mitt, wasnt expecting loads but dont know the proper process to getting a good clean! I have autoglym magma so like a iron x stuff that can be used on bodywork, so I would use that after wetting the car, then wash off then wash with shampoo with mitt, dry, then I guess its polish but if I just use the wax will it at least give a lasting coat?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
To a degree yeah.

Wax is only as good as how well the paint is prepared.

If looking for a Sunday blast,
Wash
Some tar remover
Wash
Autoglym srp
And a couple of layers of wax.

There is other stuff but that’s a decent start for not lots of money.

Thanks mate, I dont like the idea of 2x wash ?Not a lazy thing but a fucked up knee thing, been waiting for months for the nhs to pull their finger out to have a consultation of another possible injection, had the first last year and didnt do anything, its a joke, how long does it take for them to put some roids in the knee and be done with it, 5 minutes?.. Unrelated rant but yeah not the biggest fan of washing the car haha

@Chapppers11

Not sure what qd is mate, am new to all this :) The wax does apply, Im just not sure if enough goes on the car, should it be coated on thick or just a thin layer, do you rub it in so the surface is just coated and leave it till it dries, or give it more of a working in?
Quick Detailer! ?

Less is better because it could end up a ball ache to remove. Lightly swipe your finger through a panel you’ve applied to and you’ll see if it’s covered it.