ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodo juice BTBM or Meg gold class?

172 cup
So Halfruads have 3 for 2 on cleaning gear so want some opinions, do i;

1. stock up on Meg gold class 1.89 litres x 3 for £36

2. buy 1L of dodo BTBM at £26

makes sense to go for the gold class but is the quality of dodo BTBM that much better that its worth 5x the money of gold class?

Thanks

FF 182
I used some of this from my Waxybox sample and was really impressed by it. Used about a small cap full in 5 litres and it produced a really nice foamy solution. Really slick as well when applying and smells great, not over powering, just right really.

Just need to use the rest of my Lather then order some of the Mainz.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Autoglym bodywork shampoo is pretty good

Not to cause offense but I would not recommend this at all.

I thought something was wrong with the waxes I was using. It turned out this stuff leaves a bit of its own (poor) protection after use so it kills off the beading/sheeting of your wax/sealant, also shortening the life of it somewhat.

You want something that is solely a shampoo, not something to top up protection

Not to cause offense but I would not recommend this at all.

I thought something was wrong with the waxes I was using. It turned out this stuff leaves a bit of its own (poor) protection down after use so it kills off the beading/sheeting of your wax/sealant, also shortening the life of it somewhat.

You want something that is solely a shampoo, not something to top up protection

You know what that actually makes sense thinking about it!

Do you that could be why when I'm using dodo juice blue velvet, I'm getting pretty poor results? Or is not a good wax, do you know?

172 cup
true thanks

still waiting on some reviews of gold class i know people have said its good but what makes it stand out?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
You know what that actually makes sense thinking about it!

Do you that could be why when I'm using dodo juice blue velvet, I'm getting pretty poor results? Or is not a good wax, do you know?

That'll be why.

It killed off my dodo juice orange crush after a couple of washes and I really like that wax. Blue velvet is the same... Colour charged wax, isn't it?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Gold class leaves behind wax and gloss enhancers I believe, other than that it's a nice shampoo. Guess it depends how into your detailing you are and if it'll be an issue.

F lather in 5l works out to be one of the cheapest bare shampoos about, and I'm onto my 2nd 5l bottle between me and a friend

Btbm is very nice but expensive.

BMW E46 330i Touring
If I remember correctly, the dilution ration of Megs Gold Class doesn't make it particularly good value for money.

Found the old DW thread - Megs worked out around 60 'cents' per wash compared to BTBM at 42.

Auto Finesse Lather is fantastic IMO.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
BTBM is very good. Gold class is decent but actually prefer megs nxt generation over gold class

Autobrite shampoos win for me. Purple velvet & banana gloss are hard to beat

172 cup
looks like AF is the way forward,

at the minute im using a halfruads wash & wax does the mean if i move to AF will i find myself not getting as good results due to it not being a wax? if so which wax should i be looking at

ughh i wish i had just stuck to a good old standard wash, getting into this detailing crap is starting to become real expensive :approve:

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I always have some gold class knocking around incase I run out of decent stuff. I find it isn't foamy at all apart from in the bucket. It's very lubey though and slick but I like foam, don't know why I just do and this just looks like you're spreading water over the car.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
looks like AF is the way forward,

at the minute im using a halfruads wash & wax does the mean if i move to AF will i find myself not getting as good results due to it not being a wax? if so which wax should i be looking at

ughh i wish i had just stuck to a good old standard wash, getting into this detailing crap is starting to become real expensive :approve:

Try autobrite shampoos they are brilliant. As for wax Zymol carbon is brilliant for a £50 wax