ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy revving

Renault Clio Campus
i have a renault clio campus sport 2006.
the past month, my car has revved up to 3000 rpm - 4000 rpm whilst stationary at traffic lights then go to pull away, the car cuts out completely.
when reaching 3000 rpm whilst driving, the car is holding back and won't go any faster or higher than 3000 rpm??
this has happened twice in the past month and hasn't happened before.
any thoughts??
many thanks

Clio sport 182
i have a renault clio campus sport 2006.
the past month, my car has revved up to 3000 rpm - 4000 rpm whilst stationary at traffic lights then go to pull away, the car cuts out completely.
when reaching 3000 rpm whilst driving, the car is holding back and won't go any faster or higher than 3000 rpm??
this has happened twice in the past month and hasn't happened before.
any thoughts??
many thanks

The rpm staying around 3000 and no higher sounds like it's in limp mode. This is a safe state so no damage can be done to the engine. (Safe RPM speed)

I had a fault in a 1.2 Clio when I was once a teenager, and found a throttle potentiometer fault upon diagnostics I cleaned connection with electrical cleaner and it was fine ever since.

Hope someone can shed more light on this for you.