ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy mapper!!?? Claiming 200bhp from small breathing mods

Abarth 595
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
is it the silver 172??? if so seen this about a week ago

255407_310011739097429_1934254058_n.jpg

Jap Shed
Hmm. Would like to see proof.

Ive got 190whp in my 1.9 civic but that's had a bit if work and forged pistons..

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
ive added them and just messaged whay power i am going to see out of the 182 and was told 15bhp and 15ft/lb tourque on a standard car lol

Glacier 197
If he is just an agent for a company such as ChippedUK then all hes doing is quoting the figures that he has been given as im guessing he doesnt even do the maps himself.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
ive asked for before and after figures and they said they have a rolling road at there head office to see before and after gains abd if not happy or not got quoted gains you will recive a full refund

ive asked for before and after figures and they said they have a rolling road at there head office to see before and after gains abd if not happy or not got quoted gains you will recive a full refund
also easy for them to fudge figures

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Perfectly possible to get 200bhp from a standard F4R with just a remap, but it will of course need to be on a rolling road that measures in much smaller horses than the industry standard ones thats all.

Evo 5 RS
What's that got to do with the price of cheese? K-Tec took 4 years to get their act together, and now nobody cares. Get over it, it's off topic.

got to love how a comment i made on my phone today has been deleted.. makes me laugh

But as chip said its easy to get them figures on a dyno as its always a lottery and some read stupidly over

I know Rolling Road garages who 'fettle' the final result. Which I dont like at all.

Customers should see exactly what their car is running - better to see it running less, and continue tuning, than to write one basic mod file and not make further adjustments.

I wouldn't say he's dodgy - I've seen his adverts on ebay and that, and know he isn't writing the mod files himself. Everybody on this site could buy a £1000 remapping tool off ebay and call themselves a 'tuner'.... Thats the state of the industry at the minute.

I've been speaking to K Tec recently and had a chat with a guy (via email) about an engine I am studying. Haven't heard from them for a few days though, but most companies wouldn't know where a rev limiter/torque limiter/boost map was if you slapped them in the face! Doesnt mean a CG Remap will be bad. Just means if you ask to see what has been changed you will probably get a blank face and some headscratching...

Clio 182
I know Rolling Road garages who 'fettle' the final result. Which I dont like at all.

Customers should see exactly what their car is running - better to see it running less, and continue tuning, than to write one basic mod file and not make further adjustments.

I wouldn't say he's dodgy - I've seen his adverts on ebay and that, and know he isn't writing the mod files himself. Everybody on this site could buy a £1000 remapping tool off ebay and call themselves a 'tuner'.... Thats the state of the industry at the minute.

I've been speaking to K Tec recently and had a chat with a guy (via email) about an engine I am studying. Haven't heard from them for a few days though, but most companies wouldn't know where a rev limiter/torque limiter/boost map was if you slapped them in the face! Doesnt mean a CG Remap will be bad. Just means if you ask to see what has been changed you will probably get a blank face and some headscratching...

I do ;)

There is no 'torque limiter' map in a Clio 172.

I was generalising buddy. Just as there is no 'boost map'. I understand the Siemens Sirius ECU - but thanks :)

There is a discussion about the temp/rev limit I'm trying to find. Saw it yesterday, but you probably know more about this Chip-mk1.

In the Siemens (Sirius 32) ECU there are three rev limiters. I'm not one to touch the rev limit usually - I'm old and boring, but, if I wanted to put my foot down after 2 minutes of driving, I can't see why the water temperature should keep the rev limit low. Obviously its a working engine, and there are explosions going off inside every second! So - after one minute at idle I know the 'engine' will be operating at full temperature, regardless of water temp.

My question Chip-mk1 is if I increased the them all to match would it really cause severe damage..?

7268RPM - size 1 x 1

6994RPM - size 1 x 1

6744RPM - size 1 x 1

I am also searching for any WOT maps (I found four 16 x 16 that 'look' like timing but I've never seen a remapper touch this areas...). It is always the 9 x 20 (spk) that people touch and not much more. If you can't help me I'll open a new thread.

Cheers :)

Clio 182
Here's the screenshot of my 182 org map

Top half is modified and bottom is the standard file.

clio182revlimits.png

I know where the timing is, and I also know where the fueling is. There's one more map I'm looking for.

Attachments

• clio182revlimits.jpg
    clio182revlimits.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 112
Send me your original if you dont mind. There might be the same 16 x 16 in yours, you might be able to shed some light.

Also. The first Rev Limit you increased is for 'low temp' or when in 'safe mode' ??? Cheers :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nicki, while the pistons might be at full operating temperature, the idea of the lower rpm till the water temp is to ensure that the temperature is spread well throughout the block, as if you have thermal stresses from expansion occuring more in some parts of the block than others at the same time as you have maximum force it increases the chance of cracking a block of popping a core plug etc.

However if yours is taking ages to switch over, the most likely issue is just you need a new thermostat.