ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do i really need a power capacitor???

Clio
Hi all i got myself a Vibe 12" sub 700w, Vibe amp 600w bridged it also came with a 1 farad power capacitor..

Do i really need the power capacitor???

yea, i wouldnt bother, all it will do is stop your lights flickering but a good wiring kit will do that too,

Clio DCi 65
Condidering you bought it with Vibe stuff you would of thought it might of been half decent lol

Last edited:
  Clio
hahaha thats what i was thinking to mate! nope no lights nothing fancy about it at all! in fact there might be a tiny one at the top! lol..but hey to me its a paper weight man! lol...

wanting a 225or197
Uhm not really

Mainly for show i think they are

There not for show. They store up charge when the car is running and when you really turn up the volume and the amp is trying to draw more power than it can get, it draws that extra charge from the cap.
With smaller systems it wont really do much, unless you got a car with a tiny battery & alternator.

I was running two JL W7 subs in my last car with two 1000w amps, the difference was noticeable with a cap.

Rsport182Cup'd
Power cap as adverstised earlier add stabalisation to your system, try running all system without its awful seeing the dash board lights and everything else dulling when the bass kicks, if you dont get that rather than going and not using the cap buy more powerful stereo - lol

Polo + Micra
lol they add more strain i removed mine and noticed my lights dimmed less (were talking a 1kw amp)

you'd be better off upgraging the batt to chassis to 25mm2 than adding a cap

Clio
haha i dont have any flashing or dimming problems...lol...so i aint puting it in..didnt think i needed it in the first place just thought id get confirmation.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
should i tell you what to do with it mate? charge it up and discharge it on 1 of ur mates! lol haha!