ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do i need my head tested?

Seat Leon Cupra 290
I've now had a ph1 172, a 172 cup and 182 cup. Been looking at lots of cars and can't get over how cheap some of the 182s are! Has anyone owned 4 rs clios or more? Am I mad to be considering it?

I'd never own a second one, so quite possibly yes, head testing required :D

To be fair, I've had lots of fun in mine though.

M2 Competition
Im on my second Rs, third clio, starting to think i was mad to get another one though.

Wish id waited and got something else really.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm on my 7th 2.0 Clio.

Been to impreza's, Evo's, M3's but I always end up with a 2.0 Clio! lol!

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Can't decide. Looked at mk4 golfs, c2 vtrs, bmw 330, audi a3 and ford pumas, I always find reasons why I don't want them. To be fair I sold 2 clios as I needed the money for other things and the other was because iit was my 2nd car and never got used. Whereby now I'm having only 1 car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Im on my second Rs, third clio, starting to think i was mad to get another one though.

Wish id waited and got something else really.

But Dan, what else can you get for that money that handles/goes as fast/looks as good as a 172 Cup?

M2 Competition
But Dan, what else can you get for that money that handles/goes as fast/looks as good as a 172 Cup?

Think id have been happier with an ep3 ctr/ st170 / dc2/ high miles tt.

Something better built, bigger inside with a better image really.

Im sure on a dry winters morning i'll love the cup again though :D

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Think id have been happier with an ep3 ctr/ st170 / dc2/ high miles tt.

Something better built, bigger inside with a better image really.

Im sure on a dry winters morning i'll love the cup again though :D

St170 is crap my mate has one. I always thought the clio had a bad image, but try driving a ep3 for 3 years and see how much hassle you get!!

I don't think the clio sport has a bad image really, i know they are cheap to buy and alot of boy racers have them but that doesn't put me off owning one. They are a great little car and i wouldn't swap my cup for any of the above!

VW Caddy Van
I've had 2 Fiestas and wouldn't mind going bak to another one if only they made a quick version. Quite happy with my 182 especially after tonight with wiping the smile off my mates face with his mapped Fabia VRS lol

320d
My next car will 90% be a clio. Hopefully an 1*2 don't know where i'd go after that, not got the same affection for 197's

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I had 172 Cup, 182 Cup-packed and now a 197. Love em to be fair!!! I could easily go back to a Cup/Trophy. Would miss the refinement though

M2 Competition
St170 is crap my mate has one. I always thought the clio had a bad image, but try driving a ep3 for 3 years and see how much hassle you get!!

I don't think the clio sport has a bad image really, i know they are cheap to buy and alot of boy racers have them but that doesn't put me off owning one. They are a great little car and i wouldn't swap my cup for any of the above!

After an extended test drive in an st170 on b-roads, theyre definately not crap.

Bigger, better built, better to sit in, arguably better handling... but they lack oomph.

By better image i didnt say less of a boy racers car. To most its no different to a 1.2 clio.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'm considering my 3rd one now, will be an 172 this time.

Only reason to go against it, is to have something different, would like a RWD 2 seater, but only decent on I can think of for same money and costs is MX5.

It's strange but 172 is the sensible choice out of all the cars I'm thinking of.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
After an extended test drive in an st170 on b-roads, theyre definately not crap.

Bigger, better built, better to sit in, arguably better handling... but they lack oomph.

By better image i didnt say less of a boy racers car. To most its no different to a 1.2 clio.

They are crap.

Not sure about the better handiling mate? it may feel more planted but that's only because of all the weight they carry, you know how twitchy the cup is, but no way do they handle better:S

I carn't see how driving a st170 will give you a better image tbh lol.