ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I have an RS intake manifold or am I going nuts??

Clio 182 Blue
Hi guys

Had my 182 a good 8 months now, Today I lined up with a fellow 182 (Blue, oldish bloke cardiff area?), anywho he gave me a nod and a rev as you dooo, so took this as a bit of a race.

Lights turned green, 1st 2nd we were both struggling for grip and pretty level, then 3rd 4th 5th i blew him out the water..

I'm intrigued as the bloke i bought it off said this seemed a particularly quick 182 i just nodded along at the time.

I decided to investigate as I've seen on ebay a couple RS mani's up and was contemplating buying one

Had a look in the dark, couldn't see anything so wapped my phone in and started taking pictures

Could see fook all then i saw the picture below, is that an S? or am i seeing things..

IMG_7795.jpg

I'll have a propper look when i get time in the light... and when it stops snowing!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Wouldn't say having a 'RS' manifold would make much difference in the sense of blowing another 182? I could be wrong though.
Don't all/most 182's have this manifold anyway?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My 52 plate 172 has RS inlets,
I think the French just grabbed which ever inlets were at the top of the parts bin when they were putting them together.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
'Jesse don't. He's got more than a hundred quid under that bonnet, RS inlet!"

Clio 182 Blue
Ohh you guyss..

From the way people go on about RS intakes I thought they were Renaults gift to the world. -I now know better..

I think I may have a wee remap in there. I get 44-45mpg at 70mph, which seems a bit above average. And at 5krpm it kicks like i have a bo... ??

But then again could be my shiny new plugs or box pffffft :lolup:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
You run it on Vpower don't you. Thought you did. That's your answer.

Clio 182 Blue
I thought they advance the timing top end for more power and reduced it low end so you use less fuel unless you gun it..

With a race set up they'd smooth out the entire thing and make it rape fuel for power

I fancy a dyno trip, anywhere in southwales anyone know of?

330i. E30 Touring.
Flol at a map changing the timing.

Nope, Tony was right. He backed off as the weather is shite and you're pushing up into silly speeds.

Nippy white cup
Also you could have a good std engine that would batter a filter/exhaust/decat/map that needs all that work just to get it to std ish power....are you getting RS mani confused with RS2 setup?

Clio 182
I still don't understand the exact difference between an 172 and 182 inlet?
It's not only the RS on it, are they better matched or is it something else?

Has someone a before and after RS182 inlet bhp grafic?