ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY Timing job - about the bolts and nuts

MK2 PH2 02`
I’m in the middle of doing a timing job on a ph2 172. I am doing it my self with renault tools (pin, cam locker and horseshoe).

While in the process i torqued the bolts of the dephaser, crank pulley and the exhaust cam nut and opened them again.
After setting the timing right and turning the engine 6 revs and verifying the timing (see video below)
I am wondering about if it necessary to replace the bolts and nuts as the Renault manual says? What are you guys thinking about it?

One last question; anyone know what is the torque of the aux belt tensioner lower bolt (the one that connects the spring to the roller)?

BTW i am also doing the rear crank oil seal and a new clutch, will open a new thread with pictures.

MK2 PH2 02`
I didn’t mention that i already fitted a new bolts and nut but since i torqued them and reopen them I’m trying to understand if it’s still necessary to replace them or that is ok to leave them there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

172 Cup, Williams
I didn’t mention that i already fitted a new bolts and nut but since i torqued them and reopen them I’m trying to understand if it’s still necessary to replace them or that is ok to leave them there.

Hi there, I have recently done the same procedure on my car and I like you torqued up these bolts and had to slacken them off to make adjustments, You will be fine with this.
The manual mentions checking the stretch on the crankshaft pulley bolt if you wer reusing it, nut since you have used new bolts re-torquing will be fine.

MK2 PH2 02`
Thanks thats what I thought. If anyone else have a input that would be great